Newbie from New Albany

Sledhead36

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, you nailed it.

The catch 22 is having the stereotypical engineer's natural adversity to risk, lol.

But seriously, there isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about "what can I do that hasnt been done? What can I come up with?"... I was very late in realizing its not about doing something 'new' necessarily, but doing something better/different is all that is required... but that still comes with a lot of thought.

I have some ideas......

Yup, you nailed it.

The catch 22 is having the stereotypical engineer's natural adversity to risk, lol.

But seriously, there isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about "what can I do that hasnt been done? What can I come up with?"... I was very late in realizing its not about doing something 'new' necessarily, but doing something better/different is all that is required... but that still comes with a lot of thought.

This is my problem. Lots of idea's, an entrepreneurial mind, but risk adverse. Better get back in my cube...

I'll take risk so give me your ideas.

The economy is pretty tough right now and lots of people are on government assistance. Start giving blowjobs for food stamps. The market is growing.

That's the only one you'll get for free.

The economy is pretty tough right now and lots of people are on government assistance. Start giving blowjobs for food stamps. The market is growing.

That's the only one you'll get for free.

Michigan LOL. You don't get a deposit on your idea. Hand it over. :dumb:

This is my problem. Lots of idea's, an entrepreneurial mind, but risk adverse. Better get back in my cube...

You don't need to re-invent the wheel to make money. You could always enter a market in a down time where a lot of competition has been dissolved because of larger overhead/operations (many times companies start in "Scrap" mode and end up in "We have too many people/high internal payroll costs" mode because when they have money they tend to monitor it less). This is kind of what happened to my organization. And I knew the market would pick up (caveat emptor, I would not get into the rollerblade industry. Likewise my point is not to join a "dying sect").

One of (in my humble opinion) this city's greatest medium-sized entrepreneurs told me that "inventing a product" was a bad choice because of the costs involved to manufacture a product. Entrepreneurs aren't always "inventors".

You don't need to re-invent the wheel to make money. You could always enter a market in a down time where a lot of competition has been dissolved because of larger overhead/operations (many times companies start in "Scrap" mode and end up in "We have too many people/high internal payroll costs" mode because when they have money they tend to monitor it less). This is kind of what happened to my organization. And I knew the market would pick up (caveat emptor, I would not get into the rollerblade industry. Likewise my point is not to join a "dying sect").

One of (in my humble opinion) this city's greatest medium-sized entrepreneurs told me that "inventing a product" was a bad choice because of the costs involved to manufacture a product. Entrepreneurs aren't always "inventors".

surgeons make the best 'inventors' when it comes to modifying existing medical devices and improving them. they implant the devices, know how/why/when the devices fail, and the biology behind implanting foreign shit in the body. unfortunately, the gov't thinks we shouldn't get paid for our ideas. its unreal. i could go on, but simply don't have the time/effort to whine like a little bitch today.

Hi guys, I am a local car enthusiast that has been on the local car scene fior a while and have a host of cars from a 77 trans am to a few lambos. Spent a Bunch of time up at MidOhio and live for cars. Recently I have been building car storage facilities in and around the area.

Hey Scott, very nice collection you have there and welcome to CR. I think I've seen you a few times lately running around in the UGR TT. We might be in the same neighborhood. Anyways, would love to check it out sometime and hope to see you around.

Matt

Hey Scott, we know some of the same people. Tyler Joseph and I grew up together and Im actually twenty one pilots tour manager. I've seen you at NAC a few times. I'll be sure to introduce myself next time im there. Beautiful cars/garage!

Hey Scott, we know some of the same people. Tyler Joseph and I grew up together and Im actually twenty one pilots tour manager. I've seen you at NAC a few times. I'll be sure to introduce myself next time im there. Beautiful cars/garage!

Looking forward to it! Congrats to your boys getting signed by a label, I was there at the LC that night.

surgeons make the best 'inventors' when it comes to modifying existing medical devices and improving them. they implant the devices, know how/why/when the devices fail, and the biology behind implanting foreign shit in the body. unfortunately, the gov't thinks we shouldn't get paid for our ideas. its unreal. i could go on, but simply don't have the time/effort to whine like a little bitch today.

You and I need to talk. I can help make it happen.

Hey Scott, very nice collection you have there and welcome to CR. I think I've seen you a few times lately running around in the UGR TT. We might be in the same neighborhood. Anyways, would love to check it out sometime and hope to see you around.

Matt

Flag me down and let me know who you are. Would love to meet.

I'll take risk so give me your ideas.

Ok, here is my latest....

Automobile manufactures love brand loyalty....hence, what if when you traded in your car for one of the same brand...that everything was already programmed into the car. All GPS addresses, Music stations or HD, comfort settings, seat postion, mirrors....etc. Once you have the measurements you could extrapolate the position of the seat and mirrors to the new vehicle and the owner could fine tune it. (Engineer dude could do this one...)

You would never think about switching brands because the info cannot be transferred to another brand. The first brand who locks this up owns the technology.

Automobile manufactures love brand loyalty....hence, what if when you traded in your car for one of the same brand...that everything was already programmed into the car. All GPS addresses, Music stations or HD, comfort settings, seat postion, mirrors....etc. Once you have the measurements you could extrapolate the position of the seat and mirrors to the new vehicle and the owner could fine tune it. (Engineer dude could do this one...)

You would never think about switching brands because the info cannot be transferred to another brand. The first brand who locks this up owns the technology.

This is actually a good idea, and one that I think could be done in the near future. You can already have all your driver settings automatically configured based on what key fob is in your pocket, so it's just a next step of creating a portable "parameter list" that can be moved from model to model. The only problem is the electrical architecture of cars is constantly changing, so it would take some integration and additional testing.

This is actually a good idea, and one that I think could be done in the near future. You can already have all your driver settings automatically configured based on what key fob is in your pocket, so it's just a next step of creating a portable "parameter list" that can be moved from model to model. The only problem is the electrical architecture of cars is constantly changing, so it would take some integration and additional testing.

Yup, thats what I thought, I just have too much going on right now. Run with it.

Rather than inventing stuff, I just sell the ideas to companies. You dont make as much but the checks are still nice. I recently sold some ideas to Tom Tom for sarcastic voices in their GPS.

Mods, lock this thread up and delete his posts. I've got an idea!

i'll get my second wind. still have 2 more hours of work to do.:dumb:

ohhh Kirk you cheecky one :dumb: When are you shipping my Cobra?

Welcome, Scott. I've seen your black car around (I'm right down the road in Granville). Hopefully we can meet at one of the Cars and Coffee events. I'm the guy in the silver S70 or Supra depending on the day.

Perfect, Yes I have seen the Supra. I have had a few of those, love em. However my last one caused a little stir with the boys in the south as sacrilegious as it was a spoof of the General Lee.......

Yup, thats what I thought, I just have too much going on right now. Run with it.

Rather than inventing stuff, I just sell the ideas to companies. You dont make as much but the checks are still nice. I recently sold some ideas to Tom Tom for sarcastic voices in their GPS.

Brilliant!

I would use it if I could, but that's way outside my area. I work on safety systems, mostly advanced sensing using camera technology and none of my company's products would make your idea possible. It's funny though; as obsessed as I am with cars, only ~half my idea's are automotive related (and a lot of those are now company property). I've pitched some idea's (like a couple phone apps/social networking) to friends of mine, trying to get them to go in with me. Usually they think it's a great idea, but are even more skiddish than me. The sad reality is it would probably take me getting laid off to have enough time to bring one to fruition myself. I would love to hear about how you approach companies and pitch your idea's without them just kicking you out and stealing it. If it's not patented you basically have no protection, right?

Brilliant!

I would use it if I could, but that's way outside my area. I work on safety systems, mostly advanced sensing using camera technology and none of my company's products would make your idea possible. It's funny though; as obsessed as I am with cars, only ~half my idea's are automotive related (and a lot of those are now company property). I've pitched some idea's (like a couple phone apps/social networking) to friends of mine, trying to get them to go in with me. Usually they think it's a great idea, but are even more skiddish than me. The sad reality is it would probably take me getting laid off to have enough time to bring one to fruition myself. I would love to hear about how you approach companies and pitch your idea's without them just kicking you out and stealing it. If it's not patented you basically have no protection, right?

No not patented but is protected by an agreement with an attorney who will only disclose it after the company signs off on the disclosure. It is proof it is my IP.(Intellectual property).