Political ads

El Karacho1647545492

This is not a thread about politics. Everyone in politics is guilty of this.

Does anyone else wish there was some sort of "Opt out" feature for cable providers where I could opt out of political ads appearing on my TV? For instance, instead of a political ad showing up, just a blank screen for 30 seconds.

I don't have kids, but holy fuck if I did I wouldn't want them watching this shit. At least the violence and sex and drugs on TV don't pretend to be non-fiction. If we can create a chip to block out all "unsavory" programming, why can't we do the same to filter out all the BS and half-truths that, instead of promoting critical thinking and making one's own opinions, encourage people to accept others' word at face value without looking for alternate theories or ideas?

rant over, carry on with your lives.

Sadly, during the day I don't have the option to walk out. Our customer lounge is in the middle of the showroom and the TV is always on. I'm pretty good at tuning it out but I swear if I hear Mittens singing "America the Beautiful" with superimposed ominous messages one more time I'm going to go postal.

BRB going postal...

Sadly, during the day I don't have the option to walk out. Our customer lounge is in the middle of the showroom and the TV is always on. I'm pretty good at tuning it out but I swear if I hear Mittens singing "America the Beautiful" with superimposed ominous messages one more time I'm going to go postal.

BRB going postal...

NOTHING SAYS "I BELIEVE IN AMERICA" LIKE A SWISS BANK ACCOUNT TO AVOID PAYING TAXES.

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. JUST LIKE CORPORATIONS.

MITTENS CREATED JOBS IN CHINA SINGAPORE AND INDIA.

:gabe:

I'm about to opt out of face book due to everyone posting nothing but political/religious talking points in picture/meme form. Hey douche bag, you're not an activist or even really active just because you posted a picture of face book that someone else made up.

The ads are even worse while watching TV online (we don't have cable but watch Hulu, etc). I've seen 1 specific ad at least 100 times, often 3-5 times during 1 show. :fuuuu:

They are just using all the fear and stupid this country has to offer so they can push people one way or the other.

PRESIDENT OBAMA HATES NASCAR, ELVIS, AND COAL MINES BETTER NOT VOTE FOR HIM

MITT ROMNEY IS RICH AND WILL HELP HIS RICH FRIENDS AND HE HAS SCARY HAIR

Almost as bad as the people on facebook that lean either way really hard based on what CNN/FOX tells them.

Ron Paul 2012...

They are just using all the fear and stupid this country has to offer so they can push people one way or the other.

PRESIDENT OBAMA HATES NASCAR, ELVIS, AND COAL MINES BETTER NOT VOTE FOR HIM

MITT ROMNEY IS RICH AND WILL HELP HIS RICH FRIENDS AND HE HAS SCARY HAIR

Almost as bad as the people on facebook that lean either way really hard based on what CNN/FOX tells them.

Ron Paul 2012...

:lol: this is one of your funnier posts