Car prank help

PRD2BDF

Hey, I'm clueless about how to go at this so I ask you.

I want to prank my friend by wiring the brakes to the horn so that when the brakes are applied, the horn goes off. I looked online and kept finding conflicting information about how to go at it.

He drives a 2006 Ford Mustang V6.

Edited by PRD2BDF
Added more information for clarity

Lol. That is a risk I would have to take.

Rocky, how can I do that? I'm willing to practice on my car if the concept is still same regardless of make

The relay should be located under the hood, in the middle of the fuse box. Without looking at the diagram, Im not sure which prong you would jump for ignition on power.

I know to "check" you jump #30 and #87, but that would make it on all the time.

IMO messing with a mans car, is like messing with his woman. I wouldn't.

Depends on the person I guess. If he's not a mechanic/doesn't do his own work he might lol.

Personally I would rage, especially if you fucked with the wiring harness etc...

find the fuses for both the horn and the brake lights, if they are both in the same fuse box, just use a jumper wire. take a wire and strip both ends, pull both fuses, wrap wire around one prong on each fuse, plug fuses back in. should work, and it would be easy to test on your own car. just make sure to use a thick enough wire to handle more amperage than the fuse for either system, that way you wouldn't start a fire.

ps. mensan's idea does seem much funnier, I laughed pretty good when I read it.

We once wired my friends truck horn to a remote control car servo. Every time you hit the gas trigger on the remote within distance of the car the horn would go off. When we would drive somewhere in separate cars this would make for great fun. We would honk his horn at cars in random fashion to piss people off and make him look like a jerk.

Easy. go to the parts store and for like 9 bucks buy a horn... then you can probably jump it from the fuse box under the hood or something rather quickly without actually having to touch his horn wiring or even find it for that matter. Power, ground, done.

I think in this case it would be funnier if it wasnt a super loud horn.... would make it harder to figure out. Might be a chance he'll actually make it out of a parking lot before realizing it is him.

and x2 for the blinker!

I would wire the blinkers to the door locks if possible. That would be hilarious.

I dont know how good of friends you are with this guy, but if someone fucked with my car there'd be hell to pay, plus id tell them to lose my number and go fuck themselves.

Just doesn't seem like the smartest idea to mess with anothers car, but it all depends if he would find it funny or if hes the type that would freak out and go over board.

Also, the horn wired to the turn signal was already done on TopGear, but damn was it funny.

I dont know how good of friends you are with this guy, but if someone fucked with my car there'd be hell to pay, plus id tell them to lose my number and go fuck themselves.

Just doesn't seem like the smartest idea to mess with anothers car, but it all depends if he would find it funny or if hes the type that would freak out and go over board.

Also, the horn wired to the turn signal was already done on TopGear, but damn was it funny.

IMO it really is based on the car. IDGAF what people would do to my Jeep per say but the Porsche is a different story.

IMO it really is based on the car. IDGAF what people would do to my Jeep per say but the Porsche is a different story.

This. If it was my dd work beater, I wouldn't give 2 fucks what somebody did to it as a prank. I would laugh my ass off as long as it wasn't anything I had to clean up after the prank.

Now if it was my sports car say when I had the GTO and somebody I knew screwed with it I would prolly wear them as a skin suit, just sayin.

• Upvote 1