I got a new camera accessory!

mrs.cos

I hope to get to use this in the next week or so, but i am VEERRRRRY excited.

http://i.imgur.com/vhxYE.jpg

I have wanted one of these for quite some time. A friend on another forum got one and has been VERY happy with it.

I will be testing it with a crappy camera at first as im not ready to replace gear if i dont close it right, but i am still pretty damn excited.

If you happen to use one SCUBA diving, WEIGHT IT DOWN! I bought one to bring to Mexico and they had to put over 100lbs of lead on me because of the damn air left in the bag. With that said, I was 20ft down for 45 minutes and not a single hint of moisture made its way in the bag. I believe they are rated to ~16ft.

Edit: this is probably pretty damn obvious to anyone that has been diving before...t'was my first time

I wasnt brave enough to use the D700.. but i did use the D90...

havent had a lot of time to sit down and edit.. Its a VERY surreal process..

You have a lot to think about when underwater.. first off.. you cant really see what youa re doing.. (ie- dont expect to be ablet o use your viewfinder)

Also, no matter how good a swimmer you are.. you are buoyant, and convincing yourself to stay underwater while composing a shot.. is a pain in the ass.

I was working with another photographer who ALSO had the same housing and i literally was holding her underwater.. this is a VERY unnerving feeling .. (how anyone could drown someone is beyond me)

its kinda awkward clunky. The lens hole is HUGE and awkward.. You need to use as wide a lens as you are willing to stick in there (i used my 50mm because i wasnt brave enough to put my 28-75 in there)

Is it a pain in the ass? Yes.

Would i buy it again?

Emphaticlly, so far..

Hell Yes.