Bought me an AR today

dover

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have looked into them but then I feel like I will have so much shit on top of my weapon that I will hate it. I think I'll just have both and swap out for whatever shooting I plan to do that day. Do you have a picture of your Eotech setup? Does the magnifier actually work well?

It does, and I had similar feelings about being over tacticool -- but we did ran similar setups overseas (back ups + mag + 55x + other junk)

I'll try and get a picture tonight.

^ I like my aimpoint pro. keep an eye out for them they go up for sale for $360 shipped (new from retailers) all the time.

Dover, the guy that originally shipped it or another one?

Same guy, it finally showed up. I returned his refund and all is good.

• 4 weeks later...
Do any of you have the M&P 15 Sport? Thinking a pulling the trigger on one. Vances had them for $699. I'm new to AR's so I think that may be good for a beginner to learn on (shooting, adding to it, etc....) Or is there something else I should look at?

Thoughts?

Something with a 1:7 twist barrel.

Someone posted a link to a complete DD upper for 600 or 700. Definitely a steal of a deal.

Something with a 1:7 twist barrel.

Someone posted a link to a complete DD upper for 600 or 700. Definitely a steal of a deal.

Not raelly a DD upper, just AIMsurplus upper with a DD barrel. That is the only part of the upper that is DD. It's a good deal, but not a steal. A steal is the PSA upper No BCG with FN heavy chromelined barrrel. for 270. That was a steal. :)

Do any of you have the M&P 15 Sport? Thinking a pulling the trigger on one. Vances had them for $699. I'm new to AR's so I think that may be good for a beginner to learn on (shooting, adding to it, etc....) Or is there something else I should look at?

Thoughts?

It's not a bad gun but no forward assist or dust cover if you didn't already know. I'm sure a few people can chime that have them on here. I bought one when they were even cheaper but didn't really shoot it.