Patio discussion, need quotes for stamped concrete.

Akula

Ok, I put in a paver patio about 4 years ago. I live in the country and I get lots of weed seeds blowing in from the fields around me. The weeds are freaking killing me. They sprout and spread the joints out in the pavers and before you know it, it is out of control.

I decided I don't really want to rip the entire thing out to fix it without considering other options. My wife likes the idea of stamped concrete because this would eliminate the weed problem and could give us a more organic look to the patio.

Anyone have suggestions?

This is for Gabe as well since i told him i'd get it for him a couple days ago and forgot

My guy did it for $8/sq ft, which was cheaper than i found elsewhere, including here on CR, by a lot. Not to beat a dead horse because ive said it before, but the quote i got from our "CR concrete guy" was $200 more than the guy who who ended up getting my business, but most of all, the $200 higher quote - it was for a swirl finish (see andy's patio for an idea) even though i was very specific i didnt want that, but instead a stamped pattern and the color i wanted.

The guy i used sat down wih me for 20-30 minutes, went over everything with me, explained the materials and differences in what some others use, process, how long he'd be there, what would be done on what day, etc etc, something i can say the other 3 i got quotes from didnt do.

Now, it was a couple years ago, so i hope the guy is still near that price...his name is shawn kirk - 614-596-9742

You can tell him evan wyant from a few years ago with the fire pit off the corner near easton sent you. Idk if he'll remember, as it seemed he was doing well at the time, but i've given his number to quite a few people since mine was done.

And you can search for my fire pit patio thread to see some pics of just the concrete before i got my firepit done, and grill and table and stuff out there

can't you sterilize the soil between the pavers with some industrial strength stuff?

just saying.....

I'd get a couple quotes. Looks like you have one already. Call Sam and then perhaps find one more. Check out there process and what their details in terms of pouring it are like.

can't you sterilize the soil between the pavers with some industrial strength stuff?

just saying.....

I'd get a couple quotes. Looks like you have one already. Call Sam and then perhaps find one more. Check out there process and what their details in terms of pouring it are like.

Jason doesn't chemical. Free range animals and what not as well as personal values and beliefs

So far, French Concrete, called and scheduled an appointment. Called to postpone later in the day. no-showed for the new appointment.

The Concrete Guys have an online estimator. Actual onsite estimate 2x the online estimator. Difference, my layout is such that the patio is near my house and a standard site isn't near the house.

• 1 month later...

So, just to followup/close this thread.

I was only able to get 2 companies to actually come onsite and look at this. I chose Sam Demeter because he was a.) willing to give me an estimate based on my estimations and then come onsite to verify I wasn't crazy. and b.) he was willing to work with me on options that made me and my wife happy.

He showed up at my house at 845am. This shows work ethic.

He kept the site clean all though out the different phases of setting the forms, building the steps, clearing things out etc...

He was completely transparent in the quoting process, concrete cost, his labor, his fuel (I live pretty far from him) etc...

With all of this, he was the less expensive solution of the 2 I could get to come out and I knew that he would be easy to get a hold of.

I am very happy with the speed, professionalism and cost, I suggest Sam and his Dad to anyone that needs this type of work done.

Call me if you need a referral or want to see his work SIXONEFOUR 446 (OH)87(OH).

Um, wheres the stamped pattern? Did you call my guy? It looks like you went with the same layout i did. FWIW, here's what i did. $3200 even. 16x20' main area, 10' pit area, 2x3 pop out for a grill...about 400 sq/ft total

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_2764.jpg?t=1251948714

I know a guy that can make that look good. Just sayin'

LOL AJ, when would "he" schedule an appointment with him? Someday maybe I can get an estimate on my garage from said "Guy". :)

On topic, looks great Sam. When we have the cash Sam, we'll call you, we follow on Facebook.

LOL AJ, when would "he" schedule an appointment with him? Someday maybe I can get an estimate on my garage from said "Guy". :)

On topic, looks great Sam. When we have the cash Sam, we'll call you, we follow on Facebook.

Thanks for following. I'll keep updating is much as I can. I forget sometime to take pics of everything we do. Again if anyone else wants a estimate, just pm me and I'll get out to ASAP. Sorry if I don't reply immedialty as I do not jump on here as much anymore.

Jason, thank you for having us out there and for thinking of us. Again I hope we didn't scare the chickens to much. :)

Evan, I gave Jason and his wife exactly what they asked for.

I was just asking him, since he specified in the OP that he wanted stamped concrete, which that obviously isn't.

I guess you were just better at changing their mind and selling them on a lesser swirl finish than you were me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Downvote 1