Finally got a FINAL tune on the coupe today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/twistedfocus/foxdyno.jpg?t=1323354818

It went from Burgundy Blunder to Burgundy Bauce today.

425 RWHP (398 Tq) on a Mustang dyno. The ol' Powerdyne actually squeaked out a tad over 7 psi up top. I'm actually really impressed with it.

I have been chasing fuel system gremlins for a while now, so this was dyno trip number 3 in the last 6 weeks or so. I didn't even take pics or vids this time I because I've got so many from the other times already. I'm very happy with the results. Drivability is excellent and it made great power for a fairly mild combination. We decided not to put any more timing in it because it's already making great power and I don't want to push the block to the max on a street car (most try to keep it under about 450 RWHP, and this would probably be there on a dynojet).

I was so excited I forgot to get a dyno sheet printed out, so I'm waiting for Mike Ward to email me a copy. I can post it later if anyone cares (coolstorybro).

40 Roll? :gabe:

:fa:

Pro Tip: Be in the left lane, I'm sliding to the right. :no:

Actually, it seems like if you roll into it a bit instead of stabbing it through the floor it goes okay. These tires are kind of hard for racing. Better street radials or drag radials would be no problem.

This.

The car has JEGS upper and lower control arms. Nothing fancy, but they normally work well. I mostly blame the tires even though they are pretty wide.

It's a coupe with only control arms and 4xx wheel. It's going to spin. Better drag radials will help for rolling starts, but some better suspension pieces would really help at the strip.

It's a coupe with only control arms and 4xx wheel. It's going to spin. Better drag radials will help for rolling starts, but some better suspension pieces would really help at the strip.

Yeah, I suppose the basics in a ~3000lb car aren't going to put it in the 10's anytime soon. I've never really intended to race the car anyway, though I do miss hitting the test n' tune nights at NTR.

It still has a couple of minor annoying things that need sorting before I make the next step anyway (tiny mystery oil drip, etc).

Sadly, I'm actually right on the verge of selling it before I dig any deeper into it because of some major life/occupation changes I have made lately.

I have another thread about taking money out of my 401k, but I realize it's highly irresponsible to do shit like that when I have this "toy" sitting in my garage, barely being driven. I'm going to let it grow on me for a couple of days before I decide. It would suck to cut it loose at this stage, but sometimes ya gotta make sacrifices.

Yeah, I suppose the basics in a ~3000lb car aren't going to put it in the 10's anytime soon. I've never really intended to race the car anyway, though I do miss hitting the test n' tune nights at NTR.

It still has a couple of minor annoying things that need sorting before I make the next step anyway (tiny mystery oil drip, etc).

Sadly, I'm actually right on the verge of selling it before I dig any deeper into it because of some major life/occupation changes I have made lately.

I have another thread about taking money out of my 401k, but I realize it's highly irresponsible to do shit like that when I have this "toy" sitting in my garage, barely being driven. I'm going to let it grow on me for a couple of days before I decide. It would suck to cut it loose at this stage, but sometimes ya gotta make sacrifices.

No need to put the toy first, unfortunately. Nothing like getting it done and having to get rid of it :(

Hopefully it works out to where you can keep it.