Texting/driving

brent1976

texting and driving when her Lexus likely has hands free everything. Just fucking call already. I love texting but if I have something to say in the car, I use one of two hands free systems, either Siri or Sync. depending on the car I'm in.

God im so sick of seeing people driving around while talking on the phone or texting, it sickens me. Its ridiculous too that i see cops doing it while in there cruisers...

I really wish the police or some type of law enforcement would go around looking for people talking/texting on there phones and ticket them for that, or even make a pretty punishable offense.

God im so sick of seeing people driving around while talking on the phone or texting, it sickens me. Its ridiculous too that i see cops doing it while in there cruisers...

I really wish the police or some type of law enforcement would go around looking for people talking/texting on there phones and ticket them for that, or even make a pretty punishable offense.

would like to discuss further.....text me your number and I'll call you from the car :gabe:

I really don't know what I would have done if that were mine, but I'd imagine that after the initial shock wore off I might have lost my mind. How in the hell do you ramp the island and hit that car?!!! Drivers license is now revoked along with a check for $60K to the owner.

I really don't know what I would have done if that were mine, but I'd imagine that after the initial shock wore off I might have lost my mind. How in the hell do you ramp the island and hit that car?!!! Drivers license is now revoked along with a check for $60K to the owner.

look closer at the picture, she hit the Pontiac so hard it pushed it and the Ford coupe into the next space, I also noticed her airbags didn't deploy. Guy I work with has a Lemans, he pointed out that the Lemans is heavy car made of thick metal and for her to do that kind of damage is a huge mind fuck.

Edited by SinisterSS

while i will admit im guilty of texting while driving i always keep one hand on the wheel and make it super short or just call the person. however when im on the bike i straight mean mug people, just this week alone ive been forced to ride into the shoulder 5 times on 270, due to bad drivers on their phones.

look closer at the picture, she hit the Pontiac so hard it pushed it and the Ford coupe into the next space, I also noticed her airbags didn't deploy. Guy I work with has a Lemans, he pointed out that the Lemans is heavy car made of thick metal and for her to do that kind of damage is huge mind fuck.

I did see that :). How hard did she hit that car? Looks like it was close to an entrance based on the signage in the background too! Crazy bitch. Hell, there's a news story on a guy that sent a text to his friend saying "I need to quit texting before I die in a car accident". He then proceeded to run off the road and into a ravine. He was able to talk about the incident 6 months later and is lucky to be alive. People seem to be more worried about everything but paying attention to the road.

How does the insurance cover that? Is there some sort of compensation for the car being a "classic car" or do they just get chump change that insurance company's value the car at because it's "old". Hopefully they get a decent check at least. My dad has a 66 Pontiac Starchief Executive in very good condition all original and he told me if that car were to be totaled, insurance would only give him $3,000.

You can get classic car and specialty car insurance through various specialty carriers. I don't think it's really even all that costly. If you have a car like that and drive it then it would be a good thing to have because of reasons like this.

while i will admit im guilty of texting while driving i always keep one hand on the wheel and make it super short or just call the person. however when im on the bike i straight mean mug people, just this week alone ive been forced to ride into the shoulder 5 times on 270, due to bad drivers on their phones.

:dumb:

How does the insurance cover that? Is there some sort of compensation for the car being a "classic car" or do they just get chump change that insurance company's value the car at because it's "old". Hopefully they get a decent check at least. My dad has a 66 Pontiac Starchief Executive in very good condition all original and he told me if that car were to be totaled, insurance would only give him $3,000.

You can get classic car and specialty car insurance through various specialty carriers. I don't think it's really even all that costly. If you have a car like that and drive it then it would be a good thing to have because of reasons like this.

If I remember correctly, her insurance would assess the damage and come up with a number. If it's like the $3000 example above, you would go to your classic car insurance for the difference. Then your insurance would go after her insurance to cover their payout.

...meanwhile BOTH your insurance premiums go up for the foreseeable future. :fuuuu:

You can do 1 of 3 things for insurance on a classic car.

1. Find someone that specializes in classic car insurance (Hagerty, etc, etc.)

2.Get your car appraised and have that as reference for the insurance company for when they try to give you $1000 for your cars that's worth $10k.

3. Set an agreed up value for your vehicle through your insurance company. I know this is how we have the 68 set up through Allstate

not sure if serious