2015 Mustang redesign

copperhead

So...given that the current styling trend has been to take cues from the cars from 40 years previous ('05-65', '10-'70)...does that mean the 2015 will take its styling cues from this:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1970-1979/1975-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-II-1280x960.jpg

I wouldn't expect that to be called a Mustang. They have a winner in what they have now and it's far from worn out IMO.

I wish the new Fusion had a SPORT model with a powerful V6. I love mine but the new one fails in terms of power IMO. I can respect a turbo 4 obviously but in a sedan like the new one is it needs to be way way more powerful than what it's going to be.

I wouldn't expect that to be called a Mustang. They have a winner in what they have now and it's far from worn out IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang

Look at the sales numbers. 2009 sales were the lowest in recent history, being less than half of the lowest point of the 99-04 model. 2010 and 2011 were only slightly better. The roads used to be clogged with V6 mustangs, and that simply isn't true any more.

That being said, I really like the current Mustang, its the only Ford I've ever wanted, but for whatever reason it isn't selling like it used to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang

Look at the sales numbers. 2009 sales were the lowest in recent history, being less than half of the lowest point of the 99-04 model. 2010 and 2011 were only slightly better. The roads used to be clogged with V6 mustangs, and that simply isn't true any more.

That being said, I really like the current Mustang, its the only Ford I've ever wanted, but for whatever reason it isn't selling like it used to.

IMO sales will continue to drop. They just aren't practical anymore for young kids/adults like they were. Gas prices are higher, insurance is higher, less room, etc...most kids now want a 4-door or something more economical. The other side is parents think Mustang and speed which doesn't translate well from past history. The young adults that once bought them would rather have a BMW, Audi, Acura, etc...for a business car or family car. The days of packing kids into the back of a cheap 2-seater are over...

IMO sales will continue to drop. They just aren't practical anymore for young kids/adults like they were. Gas prices are higher, insurance is higher, less room, etc...most kids now want a 4-door or something more economical. The other side is parents think Mustang and speed which doesn't translate well from past history. The young adults that once bought them would rather have a BMW, Audi, Acura, etc...for a business car or family car. The days of packing kids into the back of a cheap 2-seater are over...

Sad to say that I agree with you.

Hopefully, they will shrink the Mustang and Camaro down by at least a couple hundred pounds.

Sad to say that I agree with you.

Hopefully, they will shrink the Mustang and Camaro down by at least a couple hundred pounds.

Exactly what Ford has said they're going to do, last I read the goal was close to 300lbs less than the current car and slightly smaller and the Ecoboost 4cyl will be the standard engine and IRS finally.

I'll be waiting for the 2nd to 3rd model year of the new car and look at getting one.

I kind of like it. Roof line is a little too high and the wheels are too big. It's a concept so I'm sure it will get tamed down a bit, which in this case would be a good thing. IRS...it's about time.

you do know that some mustangs came with IRS right????