Dodge Nitro opinions needed

wnaplay1647545503

Our oldest will be 18 in less than a year so no more 3rd row vehicles needed. We need a new car for the wife and not working for 4 years has made money very tight. Fairly newer car for under $10k, and my wife really likes the slide out rear section. I like the looks but assume they are under powered even for a v6. Whats some good/bads about the available engine options?

Its a rebadged jeep liberty

I test drove one, and went for the grand cherokee instead, waaaaaay better suv

the one I drove handled like shit, was underpowered, way too narrow, same shitty gas mileage as my grand cherokee with two less cylinders, and I don't remember for sure but I think the 4x4 was strange, like it didn't have low range or something.

My GC is still for sale btw, for a bit less now than before if you are interested. I want a BMW.

Awful interior, very tight on space, I hated the seating position and the dash design (my shin hits the dash when I put my foot on the gas pedal), the 20" wheels ride really poorly, poor gas mileage, and poor NVH.

You're lucky if it doesn't roll over while parked in your driveway. lol

My wife has an 2011. And it seems like I am the only one that will say it is a great ride. Yes it is a Jeep Liberty with Dodge badges. It is about 4" longer in the rear cargo area than the Liberty, so it is a bit bigger. Both the wife and I are small people, so there is plenty of room for us. As for the engine, don't get one with the 3.7L. Very underpowered v6. Ours has the optional 4.0L V6 (not the old I6 4.0L). Much more power and very responsive. Mixed driving we get around 18 mpg but have seen as high as 24 mpg on long highway trips. 4x4 is only 4wd high, so no low option. But it can be activated on the fly. We got it last year, so we really didn't get to test it out much in the snow. I did make a trip up to Mansfield one of the few snowy days last winter and it did great, only put it in 4x4 once, and it pulled just fine through the snow.

Please, do your family a favor and find another vehicle. This is coming from someone who's always had a soft spot for Jeep/Chrysler products. I don't know anyone who has really been happy owning one and this includes average joe/non-enthusiasts.

Also, it is NOT a Jeep and the 4x4 system is NOT equivalent to many other Jeeps.

Since 2006, the only three Jeeps worth anything are the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and Patriot. Compass, Liberty, Commander, and all other Chrysler platform variants DIAF. I'd almost say the Liberty CRD would be cool but it wasn't available in a stick and you would still be driving a Liberty.

Yes, drove a co-workers on a long trip, as well as a couple of rentals over the years. Shockingly small amount of interior room. Only use for Liberty/Nitro is for poor soccer moms that insist in form over function, wanting to own an SUV at any price though they can't afford a better ride.

Minivan FTW.

My co-worker is reluctantly selling his wife's Nitro, because she went out and bought a new daily driver.

2 drivers, 4 cars, Short North #firstworldproblems

He said it's been a great car, good in the snow, and great for trips to Lowes.

Here is a link to his ad on Craigslist:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3273308755.html

PM me if you want more details or his direct contact information.