I MEAN WIND COMING FROM THE EAST

FELIX THE WIND IS COMING FROM THE EAST

WIND FROM THE EAST FELIX

FROM THE RIDGE

THE WIND IS COMING FROM THE RIDGE

I MEAN TOWARDS THE RIDGE FELIX

FELIX WIND COMING TOWARDS THE RIDGE

felix: would you fuckers pop smoke so I can see the fucking wind

You think people would have watched his times for records and kept him informed.....very poor information exchange by this group IMO.

Poor communication equipment was probably the cause for that.

My computer locked up about 20 seconds before he jumped. Had to run downstairs and turn the TV on to see it.

I'm glad I watched it.

I started to get a little worried when he appeared to be in an uncontrolled accelerating spinning tumble. Not sure how he managed to recover from that one.

The comms were horrific during the entire thing. It's still hard to imagine how anything even close to this was accomplished 50 years ago.

I'm glad I watched it.

I started to get a little worried when he appeared to be in an uncontrolled accelerating spinning tumble. Not sure how he managed to recover from that one.

The comms were horrific during the entire thing. It's still hard to imagine how anything even close to this was accomplished 50 years ago.

50 years ago I think it was more like:

"My altimeter isn't going up any more, I'm gonna jump."

"Good luck, see you when you land."

This attempt marked the end of a five-year road for Baumgartner, a record-setting high-altitude jumper. He already made two preparation jumps in the area, one from 15 miles high and another from 18 miles high. It also was the end of his extreme altitude jumping career; he has promised this will be his final jump.

Baumgartner has said he plans to settle down with his girlfriend and fly helicopters on mountain rescue and firefighting missions in the U.S. and Austria.

Like a fucking boss.

I found it interesting the balloon was supposed to level off at 120 some thousand feet. It slowed down, then started to climb at 2,000 ft/m. Wonder if they calculated for that one?

I noticed that as well. I also liked how the temperature went from like -90*f midway to about 20*f at Float. I was not expecting that. How cold is low orbit?

I noticed that as well. I also liked how the temperature went from like -90*f midway to about 20*f at Float. I was not expecting that. How cold is low orbit?

I think it was the sensor picking up the temp of the hull or something. That high up there's less atmosphere to insulate you against the sun. So I think it was the heat of the sun on the capsule.

If you watch when he depressurizes the capsule the external air pressure goes up too.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/15/hurypane.jpg

:lolguy: