Dealership caught abusing a new Camaro

blazer427X3

I used to work at a chevy dealer when I was in college and they had a place in the back of the dealership people would use for burnouts with vetts and stuff... this was early 90s. I never did it but I knew they did at night after work.. kinda dumb since people living around could hear.

But after a guy purchased a car I never knew them to do that. thats why I always want the one with the lowest miles when I buy new:) off the truck? I watch them prep it. I did that with my 86 TA... factory ordered.

These idiots should be sued.

dude they are gonna get their asses handed to them. apparently they cant comprehend the internet mob mentality which is about to destroy this dealership. kinda like the dealership in texas that incorrectly advertised the GT-R for sale, a guy called in and put a deposit on it, then the dealership reneged on the deal.

they were drug through the mud for WEEKS. people emailing, calling in, all for the sake of this guy. they were completely RUINED. they took down their FB page, website, even stopped answering the phone for a few days.

Im reading the comments and im surprised by a few things.. the guy from GM Blogs keeps getting marked as "spam"

and then this.. which ih ave seen NO response to, and i think is worthy of being thumbs up'd.

Mr. Clark,

On behalf of Waynesville Chevrolet, Buick, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, we would like to replace the clutch assembly on your Camaro at no charge to you.

We understand people make mistakes; it is how the mistakes are handled and corrected that counts.

Please contact my service director Jeff at 828.454.7205 to schedule the repairs.

Sincerely,

Van Olp

Owner

Waynesville Automotive

Waynesville, NC

Im seeing one commenter saying he called the dealership and they said they hvae bought the car back to be auctioned off for charity..

also another commenter sayng the Waysville dealership thing is a joke, but some are showing some stock slippage for GM today.. after this story broke.

Ill bet money the video is gone by tomorrow.

I took my 98 corvette in to Bill Swad for a transmission job back 2000. When I picked the car up a few days later, not only did they not fix my transmission, the service writer put over 500 miles on my car. I only thought to check the odometer because a friend said he saw my car over the weekend.

Some dealerships are shaddy to say the least.

Damn you would have to really beat the shit out of it to roast the clutch, Being that I've tuned dozens of boosted new camaros and only time I've had a clutch let go was @700+whp. We had one slipping but that's to be expected. I love at the end how they are talking about how to make extra money off of it.

WOW