Any entry level welding jobs out there?

Ry_Trapp01647545522

i just finished the welding I class at C-TEC and was hoping to get some sort of career going with this. i don't have any certifications, but i have the basics of MIG and stick welding down(the TIG class was canceled:mad:) and would like to find an entry level position that i can build on. thanks guys!

That's funny that this company is mentioned. I know the business and they can't make CrossFit equipment fast enough right now...really booming.

yeah they have the best deal by far on bumper plates in town...

to the OP- if you can run bead well and have half a sense of responsibility you will never have work problems- really without the responsibility you are keen but it couldn't hurt. Skilled trades are in unbelieveable short supply in our country- I have a bachelors degree (cum laude, honors, etc) from a top 20 university and a masters degree to boot in a related field and I feel strongly that I would be more employable from the GTAW/TIG certification I received from Lincoln Welding if I should find myself jobless sometime soon.

cool, thanks guys! definitely gonna drop off some resumes.

I would suggest you drop off a small welding sample with your resume as they will be more interested in that than a fancy piece of paper. In these fields probably almost as good as "who you know".

Also if you are single or dont mind traveling/being away from home for a while-if you can stick weld well just follow the pipelines- that's where most of the guys I went to school with at Lincoln were heading.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

I would suggest you drop off a small welding sample with your resume as they will be more interested in that than a fancy piece of paper. In these fields probably almost as good as "who you know".

This. As well as have your hood, gloves, and jacket in your car. I just dropped off my resume at Rogue and within 10 minutes of talking to the shop supervisor, I was taking a welding test.

They are hiring for 2nd shift welders and 1st shift labor right now. Labor positions have a great chance of moving to welder if he feels you have earned it. Just the vibe I picked up from being in their shop, it would definitely be a nice company to work for.

55-60 hour weeks and a nice benefits package too.

yeah they have the best deal by far on bumper plates in town...

to the OP- if you can run bead well and have half a sense of responsibility you will never have work problems- really without the responsibility you are keen but it couldn't hurt. Skilled trades are in unbelieveable short supply in our country- I have a bachelors degree (cum laude, honors, etc) from a top 20 university and a masters degree to boot in a related field and I feel strongly that I would be more employable from the GTAW/TIG certification I received from Lincoln Welding if I should find myself jobless sometime soon.

Also if you are single or dont mind traveling/being away from home for a while-if you can stick weld well just follow the pipelines- that's where most of the guys I went to school with at Lincoln were heading.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

thanks for the suggestions, this is definitely a field i want to get into so any advice i can get i'm taking to heart!

i would love to take a course at the lincoln or hobart schools, i've heard a lot of good about those programs. not cheap, but i would imagine they can pay off quickly.

This. As well as have your hood, gloves, and jacket in your car. I just dropped off my resume at Rogue and within 10 minutes of talking to the shop supervisor, I was taking a welding test.

They are hiring for 2nd shift welders and 1st shift labor right now. Labor positions have a great chance of moving to welder if he feels you have earned it. Just the vibe I picked up from being in their shop, it would definitely be a nice company to work for.

55-60 hour weeks and a nice benefits package too.

nice! i e-mailed them my resume but i'm gonna try to get out there next week and talk to them. i might just take a labor position and try to work up to a welder slot considering my welding experience is so limited right now. anything to get my foot in the door!

Go to the Columbus Idea Foundry and take their tig class.

I really want to take some classes there at some point, really anything, not just welding. I saw a lock picking class there once, that would be a lot of fun. Let me know if you are planning to do any classes, I may tag along.

I really want to take some classes there at some point, really anything, not just welding. I saw a lock picking class there once, that would be a lot of fun. Let me know if you are planning to do any classes, I may tag along.

I took the mig/plasma class. Very cool stuff. And, once you take a class you can rent the gear at the shop for like $5/hr. So if you have a small project and don't want to buy a welder you can just use theirs.

alright, dropped off a resume at mid ohio steel in pataskala, and filled out an app and left a resume at rogue fitness. i'll take whatever i can get, but i'm really hoping rogue fitness gives me a call, it really looked like a cool place to work at! would love to make use of that gym too...

Go to the Columbus Idea Foundry and take their tig class. <-- you are welcome.

Then hang out with those guys and offer to help with things for the experience.

oh wow, i've heard of a couple of these places in detroit, san fran, etc. but i didn't know we had one in columbus! i'm all over that shit!