Best new car incentives right now ? ? ?

Slimpsy1647545505

Hey all. My wife and I are trying to get rid of our 2008 Grand Caravan SXT. Still owe probably 5K more than trade value and so we're looking at maybe getting in on a 0% APR deal or some major rebates to help soak some of that negative equity up.

So are any of you car sales people or know of any great deals right now? We're leaning towards the 2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan (family vehicle) but not sure on anything yet.

Alternatively would this be something we should try to do a private sale on to see if we can alleviate some more of that negative equity?

Can't make up my mind. . . any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

I don't sell Chryslers,... But this applies to all:

Have them figure out the best interest rate you qualify for using a regular bank.

Find out how much rebate you are giving up to get 0% .... And believe me you always give up some sort of rebate to get 0%.

Then figure out your total finance charges going conventional.

For example a lot of people qualify for a rate like 2.99 using a standard bank, but opt for 0% because it sounds good.

If this were a $25k car that had a $3000 rebate in lieu of 60 month 0% you should take the rebate, as the finance charges on 22k (25-3k rebate) is only $1700.

PLUS if you decide to get rid of the car early your payoff is way lower.

Sorry if that's hard to understand. I tried to respond from my phone.