Walking Dead

Bam

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no Andrea is always a plus. Which is another item on the long list of things the TV show has ruined from the comic. She was great in the comic. I guess they could be setting her up for a redemption story to settle all of this prison/Woodbury stuff but she's been pretty stupid and annoying this season.

I just hate her stupid face.

I lol'd.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/576145_397014283727243_1568182125_n.jpg

RIP Dale. His comic death was so badass but he wanted off the show because of the way Darabont had to leave so he ended up being disemboweled by a ninja zombie in the middle of a field.

• 2 weeks later...
Just watched the newest episode last night, thought it was a bit better than last week's episode. The governor is downright INSANE, wondering how he'll use that torture chair for Andrea. This whole "war" thing is gonna be either awesome, or stink, but hopefully the season ends on a good note

I was also pretty pumped for Tyrese and his gang, sucks he has had a total camera time of 5 minutes.

I say it every week, but lord almighty I hope Andrea dies SOON. I don't often get worked up over shows, but when she was hiding at that warehouse and the governor pulled up I was saying "just wait til he goes inside then take his truck". Naturally she makes a bunch of stupid bitch moves instead, then the walkers attack him and she gets out and I'm saying "Take. His. Fucking. Truck.". Next scenes are her struggling to walk to the prison, finds it, governor just rolls up in his truck and grabs the bitch. Fucking die Andrea.

He didn't leave the truck running so he probably didn't leave the keys in it. I'm all for criticizing the awful show that this is but you have to criticize accurately.

And I was also excited for Tyreese's appearance and they fucked it up within the first 2 episodes he was in and it's only gotten worse. I really hope they just tank next season and somehow AMC loses the rights to the show and HBO picks it up and does it right. This has been a disaster.

Still better then 99% of the bullshit that is on tv currently.

I don't think this is accurate. Maybe better than 70-80%. But this is far from good.

And I knew the second I read the comics that we wouldn't be seeing a good bit of it on AMC. But some of the changes they've made were unnecessary and very bad. Season 2 and the Sophia farm fest I chalked up to the showrunner change with Darabont being pissed at AMC for telling him to make twice as many episodes for half as much money. I may have mentioned this before but maybe this will give you some perspective as to why I'm so disappointed in this show and what they've done to it... AMC actually suggested to the crew during season 2 that instead of wasting time and money on makeup/extras they should just have zombies make sounds off camera sometimes. Don't even show them. Just sounds.

But this season, with the show being as big of a hit as it is and the time and money they put into basically building a prison... they've continued to make plot-breaking changes that weren't necessary to get them onto basic cable. There's rape, decapitation of children, suicide attempts, etc., etc. during the prison story line in the comics. I didn't expect that to make it in. I even thought maybe having Maggie take Michonne's place during the interrogation could have been good. But the whole way Michonne ended up with the group, Andrea being in Woodbury, Tyreese showing up so late and ALSO ending up with the Woodbury group... bad choices that have resulted in people not liking their characters (hating in Andrea's case) and little to no story progression since the first half of the season.

I don't think this is accurate. Maybe better than 70-80%. But this is far from good.

And I knew the second I read the comics that we wouldn't be seeing a good bit of it on AMC. But some of the changes they've made were unnecessary and very bad. Season 2 and the Sophia farm fest I chalked up to the showrunner change with Darabont being pissed at AMC for telling him to make twice as many episodes for half as much money. I may have mentioned this before but maybe this will give you some perspective as to why I'm so disappointed in this show and what they've done to it... AMC actually suggested to the crew during season 2 that instead of wasting time and money on makeup/extras they should just have zombies make sounds off camera sometimes. Don't even show them. Just sounds.

But this season, with the show being as big of a hit as it is and the time and money they put into basically building a prison... they've continued to make plot-breaking changes that weren't necessary to get them onto basic cable. There's rape, decapitation of children, suicide attempts, etc., etc. during the prison story line in the comics. I didn't expect that to make it in. I even thought maybe having Maggie take Michonne's place during the interrogation could have been good. But the whole way Michonne ended up with the group, Andrea being in Woodbury, Tyreese showing up so late and ALSO ending up with the Woodbury group... bad choices that have resulted in people not liking their characters (hating in Andrea's case) and little to no story progression since the first half of the season.

So are you still going to watch?

So are you still going to watch?

Definitely the rest of this season and I'll watch a bit of next season to see how it's going. They switched showrunners again and it's the guy who wrote the episode where they reconnected with Morgan in Rick's hometown which was probably the best episode since season 1. So I'll see how he does and go from there.

Possible spoilers below.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1xj7mkufK1r84r24o1_500.jpg

Merle you badass sum bitch. I tip my hat and ma whiskey for him. :(

Edited by Rustlestiltskin

So Merle steals a Donk car and later on has a rock and roll CD in it? (I doubt there any radio stations that are playing).

Anyone else catch the show fuck up? Towards the end when he's driving it to the silo's and it had a shot of regular wire hub caps on the rims? Not the donk rims.