Wow way issues-explanations

mrs.cos

So if you noticed your wowcable going wonky tonight I have hopefully saved you the 1.25 hour wait on hold with them as they deals ith the issue.

Firstly they did a major upgrade to the system and its gone horribly wrong apparently.

I lost cable around 11pm Sunday.

I only had one channel (tnt) which was the only channel I had issues with to begin with (tiling video- pixelated video)..

So I called and have standard cable/480p back now- apparently though there is a fiber break somewhere between Evansville and columbus from Windstream...on e this is repaired HD will be restored

The tech said its been a long few days as the upgrade was done three weeks ago but only in the last few days did things go ary. Hopefully they will get things cleared up soon :(

Edited by damreds

My internet has been fine through all of this but I tried watching The Walking Dead off my DVR last night and it was too pixelated to watch. Then later last night channels were dropping off and this morning most were not working at all.

As long as my internet keeps on trucking I'll be fine. Unless it's not fixed before The Game on Saturday. Then people will die.

I was thinking about switching to ultra.

I thought about it but then I learned you can only have 5 TVs in you house on Ultra, and the only channels you get without a box is 4,6,10,28, and 34. I can have up to 16 TVs with all home DVR with DirecTv. Eventually we will have 10 TVs in our house. We have 5 currently.

explain?

It's more of a their old DVR was do outdated thing than Ultra being ahead of the curve on anything else. What you'll get with Ultra is pretty much the "norm" in the "6 shows at once" DVR era now. But compared to WOW's old user interface/boxes... felt like a huge jump.

We only have one main tv in our house (DVR box, hd channels) Just put one in the basement with no box and we want to put one in the baby room for when we're up at night with him.

So instead of adding 2 cable boxes, thinking about getting ultra. We would never have more than 5 TV's in our house.. At that point you need to get outside..

Seems like we are having issues up here in Cleveland with their upgrade. I have Ultra TV with their signiture bundle. Tonight all of the signiture channels are stating they are not being broadcast at this time. Tried the number for the past hour and all I get is a busy signal. On top of that I checked my bill and I have been changed $35 extra for the Signiture service which I already have and have had for the past 6 months... Really getting annoyed with them.