Need Assembly Line Associates- Canal Winchester

Zx2guy19

Hey everyone,

Nifco America Corporation (http://www.nifcousa.com) has a good amount of assembly jobs open. The company is located in Canal Winchester, right off Diley Rd. and one exit past Gender/Brice Rd on RT 33. From downtown it is about a 15 minute drive.

I have positions open for 1st and 2nd shift. 1st shift is 6am to 2:30pm and 2nd shift is 2pm to 10:30pm.

Pay is $11.84/hr for 1st shift and $12.34/hr for 2nd shift (.50 shift diff)

To apply, please fill out an application at:

8015 Dove Parkway

Canal Winchester, OH 43110

OR

http://www.nifcousa.com

On the application, please put that you were referred by columbusracing.com or Brad C.

We are a $200M company that supplies plastic injection parts to Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford and GM. We have been around since 1987 with over 600 associates.

The only kicker:

You start your first 3-6 months as a temporary associate. Out of the 60 people I have hired in this department, 57 of them have been hired on. We have only let 3 go for performance. It is simply a 'try before you buy' type deal. If you show up to work and do a good job, you will get hired. Positions are available immediately. They are open due to an increase in business, NOT terminations. We have went from 365 associates on January 1st, 2012 to 602 as of December 1st, 2012.

Once hired on, we offer $5,000 a year for tuition reimbursement, $8 a week for single medical/dental/vision insurance coverage (begins after 30 days), $.50 match up to 6% on 401k, car discounts, etc.

We are the largest employer in Fairfield county. The job is 40 hours a week with bits of overtime here and there.

Any questions, please let me know.

All applicants must be able to pass a basic math/English test (at a 6 grade level) and a drug test/background test. No felons.

Disclaimer: Not everyone that applies will get hired. Don't hate me if you don't, ha! :)

Hey man...nothing part time just yet. We have talked about adding a part time staff to our warehouse on the weekends, but nothing through the week. Out of 600+ associates, we only have 1 PT person and she is our part time receptionist that retired.

Thanks!

Brad

I know Margaret, she is great and an incredibly hard worker. Definitely appreciate the job she does, it is boring and monotonous, but she does very well with it.

Sully- Oh yes, I know Michelle well too. She recently left Nifco (April) after over 10 years. She is with a competitor. I have been invited to a few Michigan parties at her house but never went.

Is there a pay increase after the "temporary associate" period or atleast room to move up into more pay? This is about 2.5 miles from home and Im thinking about picking up a second job.

Of course there is room to move up. In this particular position (it is actually the only position in the company) you do NOT move up after pay when hired on.

The reason? We pay this group 'hire' rate ($11.84) as opposed to 'temp' rate ($11.22) because we want to attract better people. This is the most important and critical department in the company, manufacturing wise.

The position maxes out (currently, it raises 2.5-3% per year) at around $15.

I discourage people who already have a job, and that is only because sometimes you are expected to work overtime/weekends and it sometimes interferes with other jobs.

Small plastic component assemblies. We manufacture 17k different parts. You know this little bastard clips on your door panel we all break? We make 9k different types of those lol.

This particular area is called 'critical parts' and is a pressure/static/temperature/clean room controlled environment where we make fuel components. For example, we mold and assemble the fuel pump canisters (plastic) for the Nissan Leaf, Altima, Honda Accord, etc.

It's a pretty bad ass area.

We have probably 80 people from Dublin because the company used to be in Hilliard. It's about a 35-40 minute drive. Our CFO and HR Director (my boss) are both in Dublin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...