####Chopper Live Thread####

ChevyMan1972

All,

Just wanted to get a thread started on the series Chopper live biker build off. Who is everyone voting for??

I have it down to 2,

The Gas Monkey garage stuck with the old school restore of a classic keeping engine / trans with a couple cool features.

Paul Jr. does a classic 30's American Hot Rod theme real cool..

Paul Sr. does a freak / Sport bike hybrid

Jessie does almost the same as Sr. a bit too wild for my taste..

Thoughts??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Sr.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/weavedan/senior-bike.jpg

Jessie

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/weavedan/jesse-bike.jpg

Gas Monkey

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/weavedan/GasMonkey.jpg

Paul Jr.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/weavedan/junior-bike.jpg

If I were to pick one to ride, it'd be Jessie James' bike. But style-wise, I like Gas Monkey best. Paul Sr is known for his Old-School design, but he brings modern bikes to competitions, I don't get that. Paul Jr does some great designs, but this one doesn't do it for me. It has too much negative space, and he cut the fenders WAY too high.

So GMG to win, JJ for 2nd, with Jr. 3rd, and Sr. 4th for the bad choice on forks.

I voted for gas monkey because they kept the deadline and have a good attitude about the whole process - plus they rode the bike to vegas which is cool.

However - I think if they are in the competition next year they should step up and build something totally custom like the other guys.

Voted Gas Monkey. Like mentioned above, just a lot of small things won me over. The bike itself doesn't necessarily beat the others to me, but the fact that it's a true "chopper build" on a real bike, they did it within the deadline, and road the thing 1300 miles got my vote.

I love the exhaust and grille on PJDs bike, but overall it ended up looking too cluttered to me. The huge hood ornament, high cut on the fenders, and leather on the middle of the bars looks dumb to me. I also wish they would have done a gloss black.

I don't think JJs bike is finished, and he clearly didn't give a shit about any of the rules which is why I didn't vote for him. The craftsmanship is top notch like it always is, but there were a few little details I didn't like. It needs a front fairing like the drawing had I think and some different wheels.

OCC sucks. They just CNC'd the bike and bolted it together. They need to fire that paint huffing overgrown 12 year old and go back to building real bikes. Rick is a beast and probably isn't too far behind Jesse when it comes to fabrication skills, but all they ever let him do is ridiculous looking gas tanks. Their competition bike does look pretty cool, minus the horrendous forks, but there is hardly any skill put into it.

I voted gas monkey as well. On the original biker build offs, the shops had to ride them to the event to be judged by the people. Gas monkey did this, did it on time, and showed how a small shop can still do great things.

If anyone likes gas monkey on facebook, they saw them posting all week about the ride to vegas and having tons of pictures. They left Tshirts at places they stopped along the way for the fans to find and pick up. That to me is a great shop who built one hell of a nice motorcycle.

People are making too big of a deal of GMG getting the bike done on time. PJD did as well and OCC would have been close but used the extra time to anodize as they originally planned but had scrapped to meet the original deadline. It was poorly presented on the show and made people believe GMG were the only ones to finish on time.

^^ This!

Jesse James is such a douche these days, "I don't care about anything" "I break rules", I think everything he says and the way he acts is fake as fuck. His bike is ugly and might not even run lol.

PJD

GMG

OCC

JJ

It's a shame that tonight is the last episode of American Chopper, i've watched it since the first episode. I don't like the drama aspect of it, I like seeing the bikes created.

Its most likely a recap of the entire series showing highlights. Its not like OCC or PJD is going out of business. Actually the show has gone off the air before only to be brought back as Jr vs Sr. I am hoping it eventually comes back, I have nothing else to watch on Monday's. Please don't make me use that time to actually study for school.