C6Z or Gen2 CTS-V? Why?

dover

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go back... Picked white you picked right... White c6z with tinted windows,black rims, black bezel head lights,side markers,tail lights looks the best

i know its not a z but ugh yeah white is tight! Owner of this car like the cawk and was a retard for selling it huh

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=2578

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=1256

i know its not a z but ugh yeah white is tight! Owner of this car like the cawk and was a retard for selling it huh

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=2578

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=1256

anthony is a twat for this car, but the new one he has...... MUY BEIN

:lolguy:

You are talking about maybe 1% of GTR owners. Seriously, grow up. Have you even ran in the 10's with your car yet? Have you even driven a GTR?

So are you a bald mid-life crisis guy that wears gold chains since you own a Vette...same thing you are saying... :p

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/62270.gif

Both

Better yet, wait a week and ill be able to give you the c6z, cts-v, gtr comparo. Back to back to back.

Honestly, the ctsv is THE best car I've owned----period. It feels much lighter than its 4200lbs would suggest. Incredible comfort, great styling, great brakes, ability to fly under the radar, yet rape-choke just about ANY car out there from a stand-still to 80mph and beyond. And mine is bone stock, save for a catback

I've had almost 20k miles of flawless joy from this car--and still sport wood when I see my wife drive off in this beast. The v gets my vote.

:ninja:

Do go on.....

Just talking nonsense. I'm on a family vacation the last thing I'm thinking of is cars :fuckyeah::

As per the op, I'd go with the cts-v. If you purely want a weekend warrior in the sense this car will see limited daily duty or longer trips, then the z06 would suffice. I rarely drive my z06 to work, will occasionally take the wife to dinner in it. 99% of its use is simply to take the car out when I have an hour to spare and beat the absolute living piss out of it. Before the snow hit Wisconsin, I took it out for one last drive, stopped in the middle of a public road and did donuts, a smokey burnout, and a few 40-90 mph blasts before I even realized some hick was watching me from his garage. Every single time I take the car out it sees triple digits on my personal 'autobahn'. There is nothing I've driven/rode in that compares. The car is civil enough that my princess-wife will ride in it.

If you want the car to serve any amount of daily usage, the v is the way to go. When I had my gto my buddy let me drive his v8 s5. I was in awe of how smooth the car was, the sound, the power, the auto trans, the interior, etc. he had a similar reaction when he drove my v over the summer. His jaw dropped when he hit the go-pedal at 80mph and the car almost broke traction on the way to 100. There's a reason why one of the dipshit, snobby-ass rags (motortrend maybe) ran up way over 20k miles in less than a year with their black ctsv wagon. Every time they tested a super car, the v served as the chase car, and sometimes even did too good of a job chasing. They mention it over and over again when talking about other cars.

I enjoy the auto. The only thing that would improve the car is a bigger gas tank, and re-programming the trans in sport mode for a little more aggressive shifting, and some downshifting on deceleration to a stop. Other than that, this car is perfect. Feels 400 lbs lighter than my gt500, not 400 lbs heavier. Sure, I could throw a pulley, h/e on and run 11's all day with my unskilled right foot, but the car is fun enough, stock

Edited by kirks5oh

Would think the c6z would be the most Fun to drive, not because I'm a corvette nut swinger but just use facts... The car feels like it hugs the road,rwd, braking, and looks great.. Mustang feels like it has some power but heavy feeling.. Gtr is awd with a (DCT) paddle shifted car but seems like it would bore ya..

Would think the c6z would be the most Fun to drive, not because I'm a corvette nut swinger but just use facts... The car feels like it hugs the road,rwd, braking, and looks great.. Mustang feels like it has some power but heavy feeling.. Gtr is awd with a (DCT) paddle shifted car but seems like it would bore ya..

Like I said, the vette is nuts---insanely fast, hugs the road, involves the driver, big brakes, big sex appeal, etc etc. But everywhere you turn you see a vette. The ride is very stiff. Push in on the rear bumper with your hand, and then imagine a car doing the same 'push' just at 40mph. Chevy has not responded to the seat issue in the vette---they are that bad, and the interior generally sucks balls. The v has the most amazing seats you can imagine if you get the recaros---why gm can't just stick those exact seats in the vette is mind blowing to me. The caddy is not 'the best' in any one single category, but does everything well.

Like I said, the vette is nuts---insanely fast, hugs the road, involves the driver, big brakes, big sex appeal, etc etc. But everywhere you turn you see a vette. The ride is very stiff. Push in on the rear bumper with your hand, and then imagine a car doing the same 'push' just at 40mph. Chevy has not responded to the seat issue in the vette---they are that bad, and the interior generally sucks balls. The v has the most amazing seats you can imagine if you get the recaros---why gm can't just stick those exact seats in the vette is mind blowing to me. The caddy is not 'the best' in any one single category, but does everything well.

I like your posts Kirk and glad you have been going through all the cars I've been looking at because it's saving me money... :p

I've had my doubts about a GT500 and your posts and many other owners like them pretty much confirm my issues with purchasing another Mustang. Really looking forward to your review on the GTR (hopefully a '13 model). Something about that car though and everyone I know that has bought one has sold it soon after. :(

All that's left is for you to get a new Viper or 997.2TT and you'll complete my list... ;)

I'd steer clear of the gt500 for sure. Mine is still at the dealership right now, getting a new rear gear set for whining gears. I may sell it, lemon it out, or simply gut the fuck out of it and turn it into a street legal cobra jet just because it would hilarious to do so. The zl1 looks like shit, but if it drives at all like the ctsv, then it is probably a better overall car compared to the gt500. Only buy the gt500 if you want a straight line, drag car.

If you're considering a gt500, you should get a ctsv. Same cost (relatively). Caddy looks better, handles better, brakes better, can fit 4-5 people, looks great valet parked outside a nice restaurant, looks great if you ever take clients/people out at work, is not overly common, and can be just as fast as the gt500 with a simple pulley swap. Interior is better. It's an lsx, so you know it can be modded as extensively as you want, and comes with a great auto as well

ctsv, be harder to lawn dart a ctsv :D

Lol. I had to comment on this. I have a 300 ft driveway on a hill. Coming home one day, I decided to show off for my kids who were in my garage. About halfaway up the driveway in my burnout, I lost control of the vette and ended up 30 ft off the driveway into my neighbor's yard. Almost hit a tree too.

To this day my kids still think it was awesome. They ask me how I did that trick with the car, and EVERY time I take the car out they ask me to do it again:fuckyeah: It's easier to do than you think

Lol. I had to comment on this. I have a 300 ft driveway on a hill. Coming home one day, I decided to show off for my kids who were in my garage. About halfaway up the driveway in my burnout, I lost control of the vette and ended up 30 ft off the driveway into my neighbor's yard. Almost hit a tree too.

To this day my kids still think it was awesome. They ask me how I did that trick with the car, and EVERY time I take the car out they ask me to do it again:fuckyeah: It's easier to do than you think

^^ LOL. It's true. Years ago I was playing around with my brothers 911 and ended up doing a 180 on a secondary road. No off-road issues or anything but it just rotated completely way easier than I thought. No one saw it so I just acted like it was planned and went on my way :o

Damn Kirk, here I thought I had my mind set on a Z and your description and experiences with the V have me torn again! The weight is really what is pushing me away from the V. But if, like you said, it feels lighter then it is I may have to bite the bullet. I really want a 6 speed car but an auto wouldn't be terrible. I definitely would have to get the Recaro's. I went looked at V's back when they first released the gen2 and really loved those seats. If I ended up getting a Z the interior and seats would be my first modifications.

Damn Kirk, here I thought I had my mind set on a Z and your description and experiences with the V have me torn again! The weight is really what is pushing me away from the V. But if, like you said, it feels lighter then it is I may have to bite the bullet. I really want a 6 speed car but an auto wouldn't be terrible. I definitely would have to get the Recaro's. I went looked at V's back when they first released the gen2 and really loved those seats. If I ended up getting a Z the interior and seats would be my first modifications.

You can get a 6 speed V...

The fit/finish/intangibles on the ctsv won the car over for me. Every eurotrash mag sucks off bmw to no end. The ctsv has squared off twice against the m5 and won both times. The first time around, it was faster/better in every way. Although the new m5 is faster/more capable, the faggy magazine editors still preferred the ctsv for the intangibles.

You've already owned a vette---the c6z is much faster, but still a vette, and suffers many of the shortcomings of the c5. If I'm not mistaken, you've also owned an ls2 ctsv---which is basically a 'dolled up' gto. Trust me, the v2 is nothing like the v1, just like my ctsv is an order of magnitude better than my gto in every measureable and unmeasureable way

GTO and CTS-V (any gen) are different chassis.

They are very close, trust me. My coworker in Columbus (2008) had a m6 ctsv, while I had my ls2 gto. We drove each others' cars frequently when the group went to lunch. His car was a bit smoother ride, but other than that, the cars were remarkably similar.

How do the auto v's compare to the m6? I feel like I would want a manual but at the same time im wondering if auto wouldn't be the way to go. My wife would be more on board and long drives would be better. I just can't help but feel like the manual would be more fun. I have a work truck so I only drive my personal vehicle 200 miles a month at the most.

Dover, where did you sell your old V? I'm trying to find a good place to look for used ones.