the buster

The_buster

So you want to do standing mile racing (which your car isn't prepared for) but haven't got out of 4th gear yet because it scares you? :confused:

So you add another 100-200whp because you like the sound and still run the shitty winter tires from before... :lolguy:

I didn't get the chance or was willing to go in 5th gear after I installed TT. I really haven't felt the need to push into 5th. I want to build the car for a standing mile. I'll need the zr1 geared trans for that. I have winter tires on my 19in rim that I use to dd the car with. I have a spare set of 18in rims with the nitto 555r on. I'm not sure why you haven't caught on I have 2 sets of rear rim/tire combos. The nitto's are hosed.. I'm going to need a new tire regardless. Anyways once boost by gear gets dialed in I think I'll be good for digs n shit.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get the chance or was willing to go in 5th gear after I installed TT. I really haven't felt the need to push into 5th. I want to build the car for a standing mile. I'll need the zr1 geared trans for that. I have winter tires on my 19in rim that I use to dd the car with. I have a spare set of 18in rims with the nitto 555r on. I'm not sure why you haven't caught on I have 2 sets of rear rim/tire combos. The nitto's are hosed.. I'm going to need a new tire regardless. Anyways once boost by gear gets dialed in I think I'll be good for digs n shit.

Everyone has caught on, just not you. Someone that DD's a TT-Vett in the winter and can't swing a few hundred for a set of new tires can't afford it. If you haven't figured it out, sell it now before you waste more money on a cage and all the other safety gear required for 1-Mile while you try to DD it.... :dumb:

I have a truck for the winter?.. Surprisingly the continental dw tires handle well and also do well during the rain. More than a few hundred..305/12.5/18 M/t are 374$ ea just tire..little over 800$ to sling but well worth it! WhY do you bitch I'm building at vette? Saying I can't do this or that when you have no idea what I can or can't afford? Jealous much? Or is it because I do all my own work therefore I'm a broke bitch because I don't shell out 10+k for a shop to do it for me? I am curious how much labor would of been if I never turned a wrench on this car. Dropped the drivetrain about 8 times alone.. Edited by imstock2

Dropped the drivetrain about 8 times alone..

That is why you should have taken it to a shop. 8 times in three years goes to show shit obviously wasn't put together correctly or with a plan.

I would type more but that's about as to the point I can get

I have a truck for the winter?.. Surprisingly the continental dw tires handle well and also do well during the rain. More than a few hundred..305/12.5/18 M/t are 374$ ea just tire..little over 800$ to sling but well worth it! WhY do you bitch I'm building at vette? Saying I can't do this or that when you have no idea what I can or can't afford? Jealous much? Or is it because I do all my own work therefore I'm a broke bitch because I don't shell out 10+k for a shop to do it for me? I am curious how much labor would of been if I never turned a wrench on this car. Dropped the drivetrain about 8 times alone..

diy- shit breaks and has to drop drivetrain 8x

pay ips to do it- gaped booty hole, but dropped driveline 1x and do it right the 1st time. then it will burn to the ground

call john moore- leave with booty hole intact, done right the 1st time, and have a fast car with 0 issues= profit

CALL MOORESPEED PERFOMANCE

diy- shit breaks and has to drop drivetrain 8x

pay ips to do it- gaped booty hole, but dropped driveline 1x and do it right the 1st time. then it will burn to the ground

call john moore- leave with booty hole intact, done right the 1st time, and have a fast car with 0 issues= profit

CALL MOORESPEED PERFOMANCE

:dumb: but true.

We do offer 15% Labor discount for CR members. Just saying...

have you ever driven a GTR, riden in one, or seen one in person?? i try not to slam a car too much (except the BRZ) until i've had a chance to drive/ride in it. especially a car as capable as the one you're dogging. its not as easy to drive as people think. fuck, i nearly spilled my starbucks the other morning as i let my foot off the brake and matted the 'go pedal' to leave some unsuspecting prick at a stoplight who decided to rev at me.

clearly he hasn't. in fact I was waiting your reply to this thread as not only someone who actually has driven but owns both and more and likely has more seat time than him in either. Interesting thread filled with wiki and youtube links as back up.:dumb:

C6z clutch and then the monster clutch. To do a clutch swap you have to drop the entire drivetrain. When are we racing?? Really there's snow on the ground pal

snow is on the ground... roads are clear.

well outside of newark they are.:megusta:

Slaves was going out because the ticks master cycld wasn't adjusted right.. THE only time I let a shop install a part and they fucked it up.. Other than that the only other parts to break was the main shaft and which there's no way to prevent that. So yea I will continue to do my DYI project..Run 12's on snow tires during the summer.. Besides the car is down still

C6z clutch and then the monster clutch. To do a clutch swap you have to drop the entire drivetrain. When are we racing?? Really there's snow on the ground pal

You had to drop the rear end for a clutch swap? I've never done one on a C6, let alone a C5, but this is hilarious. :dumb:

Obviously you went into this car with no true plan or any intentions of what you wanted to make it into, let alone knowledge of basic fundamentals or repairs. Maybe you should do like everyone else and either learn how to do it correctly, or pay someone who knows how to do it right. If you can't accept either of those (which you clearly haven't yet) then maybe this whole car modding thing isn't for you. Kudos for attempting an install of a cookie cutter turbo kit in a shed, but it isn't enough to keep nut swinging like you've built flawless race cars for years. All mods you've done are bolt on's in my eyes with no major skills other than reading and turning a wrench according to what the interwebs says.

The turbo kit may have required a little more work, but their are write ups for days on LS cam swaps making it so easy a monkey can do it.

You had to drop the rear end for a clutch swap? I've never done one on a C6, let alone a C5, but this is hilarious. :dumb:

Obviously you went into this car with no true plan or any intentions of what you wanted to make it into, let alone knowledge of basic fundamentals or repairs. Maybe you should do like everyone else and either learn how to do it correctly, or pay someone who knows how to do it right. If you can't accept either of those (which you clearly haven't yet) then maybe this whole car modding thing isn't for you. Kudos for attempting an install of a cookie cutter turbo kit in a shed, but it isn't enough to keep nut swinging like you've built flawless race cars for years. All mods you've done are bolt on's in my eyes with no major skills other than reading and turning a wrench according to what the interwebs says.

The turbo kit may have required a little more work, but their are write ups for days on LS cam swaps making it so easy a monkey can do it.

+10 lol

I have a truck for the winter?.. Surprisingly the continental dw tires handle well and also do well during the rain. More than a few hundred..305/12.5/18 M/t are 374$ ea just tire..little over 800$ to sling but well worth it! WhY do you bitch I'm building at vette? Saying I can't do this or that when you have no idea what I can or can't afford? Jealous much? Or is it because I do all my own work therefore I'm a broke bitch because I don't shell out 10+k for a shop to do it for me? I am curious how much labor would of been if I never turned a wrench on this car. Dropped the drivetrain about 8 times alone..

I'm not bitching that you are building a Vett, I could care less. Myself and everyone in this thread continue to just laugh that you are doing it all wrong and looking like a complete TOOL in the process. Are you still enlisted in the military? You don't do the stuff you've done when you can afford to do it right. It doesn't take a genius to see that. I'm not jealous one bit, and I don't need to beat my chest showing you otherwise...just having a good laugh at your car knowledge or lack of it is all. That's all it's been from the beginning once you began your GTR hatoraide... :lolguy: