the buster

The_buster

Slaves was going out because the ticks master cycld wasn't adjusted right.. THE only time I let a shop install a part and they fucked it up.. Other than that the only other parts to break was the main shaft and which there's no way to prevent that. So yea I will continue to do my DYI project..Run 12's on snow tires during the summer.. Besides the car is down still

Come spring time be ready then. I might be tinted then so i don't know if you'll race me then

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slaves was going out because the ticks master cycld wasn't adjusted right.. THE only time I let a shop install a part and they fucked it up.. Other than that the only other parts to break was the main shaft and which there's no way to prevent that. So yea I will continue to do my DYI project..Run 12's on snow tires during the summer.. Besides the car is down still

I can't wait until you put your own motor together after you get the machine work done. Based on how you seem to act (on the internets) I'd be impressed if it held together. I'd imagine then you will take it to covert tuning dynawesome motorsports to get it fixed. Your last name doesn't start with a Wiggs by any chance does it?

You had to drop the rear end for a clutch swap? I've never done one on a C6, let alone a C5, but this is hilarious. :dumb:

Obviously you went into this car with no true plan or any intentions of what you wanted to make it into, let alone knowledge of basic fundamentals or repairs. Maybe you should do like everyone else and either learn how to do it correctly, or pay someone who knows how to do it right. If you can't accept either of those (which you clearly haven't yet) then maybe this whole car modding thing isn't for you. Kudos for attempting an install of a cookie cutter turbo kit in a shed, but it isn't enough to keep nut swinging like you've built flawless race cars for years. All mods you've done are bolt on's in my eyes with no major skills other than reading and turning a wrench according to what the interwebs says.

The turbo kit may have required a little more work, but their are write ups for days on LS cam swaps making it so easy a monkey can do it.

+10 lol

Um, how else are you going to get the Bellhousing off?

Um, how else are you going to get the Bellhousing off?

I wasn't saying "this is hilarious" in reference to the drivetrain, but rather imstock's conversation in general. Like I stated, I've never worked on a C5 or C6, but I'm sure if I owned one I wouldn't start throwing random parts at random times at it.

I wasn't saying "this is hilarious" in reference to the drivetrain, but rather imstock's conversation in general. Like I stated, I've never worked on a C5 or C6, but I'm sure if I owned one I wouldn't start throwing random parts at random times at it.

:dumb:

Geesammy to get to the clutch takes more work than you think. Trans are in the back of the c5 and c6 corvettes.. Rip the interior apart,take shifter out, complete exhaust, tunnel plate,rear end while having trans/diff supported, then you can get to the diff,trans,torque tube, bell housing is next and a huge pita. Sounds easy? Try it. I left a lot if little shit out but thats the jest of it in that order. I did the shit on jack stands each time. It's pretty much common sense anyone can do. I loctite everything on re install and torqued everything to factory specs on install. You really think h/c is easy to do on a c6? It's not like your supra. There's a steering rack and power steering bracket that's a pita or you can just drop the front cradle like me while supporting the engine so you can get the balancer off. Rest of it isn't that bad. Finding tdc,Timing,Checking PVC because I had the heads milled,torques,torque sequences is fairly easy. It's a bitch with the engine still in.. Explains why 90% shops out there charge 12-1500$ just for a cam install on a c6. I made some fairly rookie mistakes mind you.. But I Learned from them. Now I done this a few times I can do it without looking at anything. I even have the torques all remembered. How you about to start talking out of your ass? I also done an engine/clutch swap on that supra like yours and it worked well until my dumbass brother left the battery cables on backwards over night. And no there's isn't a complete guide of clutch or h/c swap for a c6 yet. I still figured it out by using multiple different guides and putting them together. Most corvette owners never even changed there own plugs. My record time for a complete drivetrain drop and re-install is 13hrs and cam swap about 10hrs and yes without power tolls on jack stands. I have pictures of all my work and even videos of some shit on my build thread on ls1tech. You say any monkey can do this and that? Let's hear some stuff you done.. And you better have pictures

Geesammy to get to the clutch takes more work than you think. Trans are in the back of the c5 and c6 corvettes.. Rip the interior apart,take shifter out, complete exhaust, tunnel plate,rear end while having trans/diff supported, then you can get to the diff,trans,torque tube, bell housing is next and a huge pita. Sounds easy? Try it. I left a lot if little shit out but thats the jest of it in that order. I did the shit on jack stands each time. It's pretty much common sense anyone can do. I loctite everything on re install and torqued everything to factory specs on install. You really think h/c is easy to do on a c6? It's not like your supra. There's a steering rack and power steering bracket that's a pita or you can just drop the front cradle like me while supporting the engine so you can get the balancer off. Rest of it isn't that bad. Finding tdc,Timing,Checking PVC because I had the heads milled,torques,torque sequences is fairly easy. It's a bitch with the engine still in.. Explains why 90% shops out there charge 12-1500$ just for a cam install on a c6. I made some fairly rookie mistakes mind you.. But I Learned from them. Now I done this a few times I can do it without looking at anything. I even have the torques all remembered. How you about to start talking out of your ass? I also done an engine/clutch swap on that supra like yours and it worked well until my dumbass brother left the battery cables on backwards over night. And no there's isn't a complete guide of clutch or h/c swap for a c6 yet. I still figured it out by using multiple different guides and putting them together. Most corvette owners never even changed there own plugs. My record time for a complete drivetrain drop and re-install is 13hrs and cam swap about 10hrs and yes without power tolls on jack stands. I have pictures of all my work and even videos of some shit on my build thread on ls1tech. You say any monkey can do this and that? Let's hear some stuff you done.. And you better have pictures

H/Cx 3 on 3 different fbodys.

Complete JDM swap on a 92 twin turbo stealth

5 speed swap N/A Z32

SR20 S13

RB25 S14

Should I also include head gaskets for a friends shop as well?

I understand the trans is In the rear, I was never under the impression the rear end had to be dropped in order to swap a clutch, It looks like I was mistaken. I'm sure I would have done much much more but I have had a few more things to do in my 21 years than dick around with cars and blow all my money on them. I'm sure if I had a dedicated daily other than my Supra I would be able to do all sorts of shit, but I'd rather write checks for my tuition than be a complete fucktard and throw it all on loans.

Things break or I upgraded parts? I didn't just go balls deep. I started of with simple shit like ls7 manifolds and k&n intake, car put down 365rwhp. I suffered my first lost by a 408 camaro and then went h/c an gears with all supporting mods made 470rwhp. Swapped the ls7 clutch that I had for the monster stage 3 about 22lbs lighter and a real cai vararam. Fucked a lot of shit up with that and soon TT.. Now bigger goals and 402 build, if funds are right I'll build my custom TT kit I have drawn up and upgrade to twin 66's. That's my timeline in a nut shell so this I threw random parts on it doesn't cut it. Its called progress! You should try it and maybe someday you'll be like Alex. I want dudes fab and welding skills for sure!

Things break or I upgraded parts? I didn't just go balls deep. I started of with simple shit like ls7 manifolds and k&n intake, car put down 365rwhp. I suffered my first lost by a 408 camaro and then went h/c an gears with all supporting mods made 470rwhp. Swapped the ls7 clutch that I had for the monster stage 3 about 22lbs lighter and a real cai vararam. Fucked a lot of shit up with that and soon TT.. Now bigger goals and 402 build, if funds are right I'll build my custom TT kit I have drawn up and upgrade to twin 66's. That's my timeline in a nut shell so this I threw random parts on it doesn't cut it. Its called progress! You should try it and maybe someday you'll be like Alex. I want dudes fab and welding skills for sure!

I understand progress, but I'm sure I could do the same with my car, go big single without going to a standalone management system, or bigger injectors and fuel pump. Then after I blow it up due to lack of being able to tune the power I could do a 2j bottom end. It could work, but I'd rather save my money and do it correctly the first time and go from there.

Trust me, if I had the time I would be able to work on fabrication and welding, but unfortunately with 17 credit hours and working 35 hours a week, that's just not going to happen anytime in the near future

I only want to state that swapping a clutch in C5 or C6 Vette is not an easy task, and anyone who will do it without a lift has my respect. I've swaped engines, trans, and rear ends in mine and other f-bodies on jackstands and I would think twice about doing the same in a Vette.

I'm not taking anyone's side, especially in a train wreck thread like this, but for how many people who work on their own cars fixing and modding them the direction this has gone bashing someone doing just the same is getting stupid. I don't care for imstock2's posting, haven't really talked to him in person, but I'm not going to knock someone for wrenching on their own car, having shit break, and not giving up. All the guy does is try to make it better everytime something happens. Everyone who has taken cheap shots about his car breaking or the way he's done things is just a fucking hater, go back to talking shit about the dude or the dumb shit he says, leave the poor Corvette alone.

and I give no fucks, anyone who knows me has seen me go through the same shit. My Camaro is on its second engine, 5th transmission, and 3rd rear-end. I beat the shit out of my car, but some of that carnage was simply my fault due to learning and McSteaks, everyone makes McSteaks.

**steps off soapbox, zips up flame suit**

C6z clutch and then the monster clutch. To do a clutch swap you have to drop the entire drivetrain. When are we racing?? Really there's snow on the ground pal

should have bought an automatic :dumb:

or a car that makes race car drivers out of dentists and dr's :dumb:

should have gotten AWD. i left an fbody so hard at a light i couldn't stop laughing for the next 5 minutes :dumb:

so you had the drivetrain out of your car 8 times over the course of the last couple years and the car is still not sorted out correctly?? several different clutches, several different combinations, and you're typing a sob story ^^^ about what a mechanic does (usually correctly, the first time) every single day, like it takes a fucking rocket scientist to do h/c/i on a small block chevy??

i spent $10k total on my c6z for ported/milled/upgraded stock heads, cam, ported intake/tbody, full exhaust, and ls9x clutch with remote bleeder. that includes labor, and the car was done in 3 days, and has run flawlessly for the past 6 months. who's the dumbass?

That's cool you paid a shop to do everything for you.. When I was growing up my ol man taught me the basics.. When you work on something you have a passion for you build a respect for it that no $ can buy. So Kirk my man. How about you take a wack at it? You say any dumbass can do it so give it a shot? You Obvisly don't have an idea how much work goes into h/c on a c6. Do your own research,pick a cam, choose your heads, find out how Far to mill them without worrying about ptc. Useally silver spooners don't so I understand. I had the h/c for a year and then I went twin turbo. The car ran really strong and impressed a few people.. Not many people belived it was only making the power it made. Little do guys like you know.. Not all parts are created equal. Shit happens. You can have xxx amount of cash in your engine w/e and if there's a manufacture defect it'll happen. Like my main shaft twisting with only 470rwhp. Rpm understood it and they upgraded me for free! So you spent 10k in h/c/I and clutch. Does that include selling your stock stuff?

I've sold two cars to build this one, do all the work I can myself, spent way more money than I should have, and sold a good, working setup in order to build my own from scratch. What's that make me?

You'll always simply be a Ginger with a sweet Supra.

That's cool you paid a shop to do everything for you.. When I was growing up my ol man taught me the basics.. When you work on something you have a passion for you build a respect for it that no $ can buy. So Kirk my man. How about you take a wack at it? You say any dumbass can do it so give it a shot? You Obvisly don't have an idea how much work goes into h/c on a c6. Do your own research,pick a cam, choose your heads, find out how Far to mill them without worrying about ptc. Useally silver spooners don't so I understand. I had the h/c for a year and then I went twin turbo. The car ran really strong and impressed a few people.. Not many people belived it was only making the power it made. Little do guys like you know.. Not all parts are created equal. Shit happens. You can have xxx amount of cash in your engine w/e and if there's a manufacture defect it'll happen. Like my main shaft twisting with only 470rwhp. Rpm understood it and they upgraded me for free! So you spent 10k in h/c/I and clutch. Does that include selling your stock stuff?

i put together several foxbodies, done h/c/i on each of the foxes i've heavily modified, and still do some car work just for fun. i created the "how-to" section on svtperformance for '03-'04 cobras, based on the work i did to the car myself. i've realized that the research that goes into a build is equally important, if not more, than the actual physical labor. that's why most of my cars get taken apart/put together once, and don't see multiple failed clutches/etc. i choose not to do big jobs because it does not make sense to do so at this point in my life.

my time is worth money, and my hands are worth much more money. whatever a shop charges to work on my car, i can assure you is nowhere near the amount i can make in the same amount of time. and i can avoid injuring my hands. no silver spoon here. i'm the doctor that was made a race car driver by my GTR. never mind the fact that my c6z (with me driving it) would rape-choke your hacked-up, autozone, failed aborion of a car.

Please stop...