Thanks r1crusher and c7fx for the tire service help

Disclaimer

It was a long crazy day, but thanks to Kevin (r1crusher) and Jeff (c7fx) for helping out today getting the Michelin PPs on my SV.

Kevin came over around noon with his stands and misc tools. Turns out, we were still missing tools to remove my front axle, so after driving around NE Ohio for 2 hours, we finally rounded up all the hardware and sockets necessary to complete the job. Kevin even hooked me up with a front axle tool... :D

Took a whole 10 minutes to get the front and rear off the bike.

Then we ran out to Strongsville where Jeff removed the old rubber and popped the new ones on using his "no marr" tire device. He takes tires seriously, and I was really pleased with the insights and advice he gave. Though, I will admit I was a little embarrassed that I didn't clean my rims before I brought them over. Sorry.

Back to my place, where the new tires were back on in 15 minutes, and everything torqued to spec.

Total time to complete the job because I don't have tools and can be mechanically inept at times: 5 hours.

Hanging with Kevin (who's time I basically took up all day, without food in his stomach), and meeting Jeff (who mounted and balanced my new tires): Priceless.

Thanks again to both of them. I'd recommend Jeff to mount and balance your tires - he took care of me and didn't bust my balls too hard about my lack of cleanliness. :p And Kevin was a huge help with tools and whatnot.

I can't wait to use my new tires and get out for some rides with these guys and the rest of OR.net. :D

Edited by JRMMiii

I got two words for TurboKnobber and Walther_g(otta)s(uck)p(enis)....:thefinger:

Justin, we're all here to do the same thing...ride and help out fellow riders in need. Like I said before just give me a call when you're headin' out for a ride and the debt is considered paid. We'll get you out on some real good roads once it warms up and Walther gets his act together....not that RT60 junk either.

Thats so they can charge you 40.00 for one LOL

True.

Thanks to Mrbret for letting me borrow his. i kept searching for about 2 hours like an idiot thinking i mustve misplaced it. I was thinking it was supposed to be in the tool kit.

So, is anyone getting rid of a set of pitbulls? Or know where to pick up a pair of used ones? Craigslist doesn't have any within 100 miles. (I haven't checked the WERA board yet though)

I'd prefer the forward handle rear, or the removable handle rear - along with the removable handle front.

Now why couldn't I find those using craigstempest.com? I searched pitbull stand...must need to separate pit bull.

Thanks Jeff.

...do my eyes decieve me? your bike wasn't clean? :eek:

you had the cleanest eye abuser I've ever seen...:D

Duane, you know I don't ride that bike enough to warrant a tire change. C'mon. It's a garage queen, when it's not on the drag strip. :D

This was for the SV - my 'beater' bike.

You should have called me I have the front axle tool and I am only 2 minutes away. Hell I'm sure I have spares you can have. Is it the 22mm one?

Totally slipped my mind and I even mentioned to Kevin that you're less than a mile away if I need some emergency tire work, but didn't think to call about tools.

No, it's a 24mm allen - which we made from a 1" hex bolt and some nuts.