So my muffler was delivered today...

spankis

Aside from respecting neighbors, I'd prefer not to draw attention to the fact that I removed 100% of the emissions equipment from the truck, using a tuner that is now illegal to sell in the United States. It's the guys that think "rollin' coal" and smoking out intersections who cause more strict emissions regulations....

Rolling coal has nothing to do with emissions on them it is actually all the people that just want smoke my truck will smoke a shit ton if I want but I was after the power and have just a light haze once the turbo is lit and sorry to tell you the tuners are not illegal for sale in the us you just have to sign a waiver stating it is for off road competion use

Rolling coal has nothing to do with emissions on them it is actually all the people that just want smoke my truck will smoke a shit ton if I want but I was after the power and have just a light haze once the turbo is lit and sorry to tell you the tuners are not illegal for sale in the us you just have to sign a waiver stating it is for off road competion use

First of all, learn to use punctuation of any kind. A period, comma, anything.

Secondly, "sorry to tell you", but you're wrong about tuners. EFIlive changed their policy very recently, as did Smarty, and H & S. There is no "waiver" to get delete tuning. Any new tuners being shipped to dealers in the United States (at least those that work with 6.7 cummins trucks) will not have emissions delete capability from here forward. In the case of Smarty, I believe the emissions delete files are available, but I know that is not how EFIlive works. Do a little research, this is all very recent.

Also, I'm very aware of why trucks smoke, and I know some of it comes with heavy fueling and is normal and unavoidable. What I'm referring to are the assholes that install smoke switches and intentionally smoky tunes.

+1 on soot not polluting.

Is C, not CO²

I agree completely, never said it did.

Truth. Diesel emmisions are better than gas, difference being that you can see diesel emissions and not gasoline emissions.

Guys I'm well aware of all this. My degree is in Environmental Science, I did a major project on vehicle emissions my senior year, and I still willingly removed all the emissions from my diesel truck lol.

:lolguy: fuck that. Only way I'd own a 2x4 was if I lived somewhere warm all year round.

Ohio only has 1-2 decent snowfalls a year. No need for 4x4 near columbus.

Now third world Ohio (Belmont county) is a different story. My mom lives in Barnesville for reference.

First of all, learn to use punctuation of any kind. A period, comma, anything.

Secondly, "sorry to tell you", but you're wrong about tuners. EFIlive changed their policy very recently, as did Smarty, and H & S. There is no "waiver" to get delete tuning. Any new tuners being shipped to dealers in the United States (at least those that work with 6.7 cummins trucks) will not have emissions delete capability from here forward. In the case of Smarty, I believe the emissions delete files are available, but I know that is not how EFIlive works. Do a little research, this is all very recent.

This is true. No more DPF delete programmers will be available. I just bought a 6.4 powerstroke with a dpf delete. Came in with no programmer figured no problem I'll just get one for $400-500. Well needless to say i spend $900 on a SCT that was actually available (and when I ordered it they had 20 left). Now I understand why it didn't have a programmer.

It's fucking stupid and the epa can s.a.d. I won't be buying any more altered emissions trucks unless I'm sure they have a programmer.