Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not that confident in OSU's defense shutting down Wisconsin's running game. It's all they have to do since the defensive backfield can handle Wisconsin's WR's but I'm just not that confident they will do it. Would love to be wrong though.

Shutting down Wisconsin's run game though is something around 250 yards, which I think is very doable.

Shutting down Wisconsin's run game though is something around 250 yards, which I think is very doable.

It would be a big test on our young but talented D-line. If they can hold their own and let the linebackers do their job, they should contain the run. But do you think Wisconsin's defense can stop Buckeye's talented offense? I know their inexperienced secondarys would have a hard time keeping with with the Buckeye receivers. I can see KG comming in and taking a few shots down the field early in the game.

Braxton is rusty and sometimes overthrow his receivers. But Guiton has been on the money lately with deepballs.

Most of his "deep balls" have merely been quick reads with Smith beating his man defender off the LOS and Kenny G only going like 30 yards over the top. He puts WAAAAAAAY too much air under the ball, they are floaters. Wisconsin would probably pick half the longer passes that Kenny G has thrown this year.

Most of his "deep balls" have merely been quick reads with Smith beating his man defender off the LOS and Kenny G only going like 30 yards over the top. He puts WAAAAAAAY too much air under the ball, they are floaters. Wisconsin would probably pick half the longer passes that Kenny G has thrown this year.

I wouldn't give wisky that much credit. Their secondaries suck. I would say the Cal's secondaries is probably better.

I wouldn't give wisky that much credit. Their secondaries suck. I would say the Cal's secondaries is probably better.

Wisconsin #19 Pass D

California #110 Pass D

So no, not even a debate. Not even a discussion. You should feel really bad for even saying that.

Wisconsin #19 Pass D

California #110 Pass D

So no, not even a debate. Not even a discussion. You should feel really bad for even saying that.

Isn't it a little early in the season to be using defensive rankings to use in a debate? Wisconsin has played 0 ranked teams. Cal has played 2 ranked teams and one with a very high powerd offense. If you want to look at useless stats, why not in games that actually mattered. Cal did not give up more than 300 yards of passing when playing NW or tOSU, both are ranked in the top 25. Wisconsin gave up over 352 yards of passing when playing ASU, first tough team they played who isn't even ranked.

Isn't it a little early in the season to be using defensive rankings to use in a debate? Wisconsin has played 0 ranked teams. Cal has played 2 ranked teams and one with a very high powerd offense. If you want to look at useless stats, why not in games that actually mattered. Cal did not give up more than 300 yards of passing when playing NW or tOSU, both are ranked in the top 25. Wisconsin gave up over 352 yards of passing when playing ASU, first tough team they played who isn't even ranked.

Total yards means absolutely nothing. Yards per attempt is what you need to look at. Wisconsin gave up four yards per attempt less against the best team they've played then California gave up against the worst team they played

Using rankings like that this early in the season is a little weak. And Wisconsin's secondary is not good. But they're still not as bad as Cal who I believe has shuffled people around all season due to people just not being good and some injuries.

I agree that it's weak when all the teams are close but these two are so far apart it's ridiculous

Edited by LJ

You put an extra man in coverage and then you gotta worry about Wisky's running game. He needs to just step up and play like he can. I haven't been impressed with him at all this year, he is better than he is playing. Maybe he needs to stop talking about being the King of the b10 and start playing like it.

They'll have to sort it out this week in practice. Going to be back to lots of nickel and dime against Northwestern so they were really going to need him out there. Urban was pretty upset with the news at his post-game presser. Actually slaps the podium at one point just in frustration...

Oh and there's a guy on Scout who is on the sound crew for ESPN and worked tonight's game. Set stuff up so things sounded better (ie. "Carmen Ohio" at the end of the game sounded fantastic due to his adjustments). Took measurements during the game and had the crowd sustaining at over 122.3 dB (A-weighted) and peaking at 131.5 dB. The record for "loudest stadium in the world" up until a couple weeks ago when Seattle went for and broke the record was 131.7 dB so they were pretty loud tonight in Columbus.

And Gameday will be at the Northwestern game. OSU wins 68% of their games at Gameday sites so that's not bad.

That blew up on reddit. Not only the thread on CFB, but made front page of all of reddit. Currently the 13th "hottest" topic on all of reddit. I saw it as high as 11 so it's probably cooling off now. Hopefully someone points Dom in reddit's direction so he can see the outpouring of support over there as well.