Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

That sounds like the exact opposite of what I'd expect. Fickell got most of his "knowledge" under Heacock who was all about getting pressure with the DL and playing zone. Meyer was the one pushing for more pressure/blitzing in the early part of last season. Specifically after the UCF game and I remember one of the earliest plays in the next game (Cal) due to Meyer asking for that was a CB blitz which resulted in a sack by Roby.

In other news...

30 for 30: Youngstown Boys

Debuts on December 14th and focuses on "The interconnected journey and evolving relationship of two former Ohio State stars -- RB Maurice Clarett and coach Jim Tressel."

Meyer is of the Charlie Strong scheme. They didn't run one blitz in the 2006 national championship against Ohio State. It was all drop eight and get pressure with the defensive line

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on scout and thought it was pretty cool. It's in regards to Cameron Johnston the OSU punter.

TOT YDS AVG TB -20 LG

vs. Buffalo 3 124 41.3 0 1 42

vs. SD State 4 169 42.3 0 1 47

vs. Cal 4 165 41.3 0 2 61

vs. FAMU 1 32 32.0 0 1 32

vs. Wisconsin 6 239 39.8 0 6 55

vs. Northwestern 3 114 38.0 0 3 39

-------------------------------------------------- ----

21 40.1 0 14 61

Opponent Punt Returns

NO YDS AVG LG

Buffalo 0 0 0.0 0

SD State 0 0 0.0 0

Cal 0 0 0.0 0

FAMU 0 0 0.0 0

Wisconsin 1 3 3.0 3

Northwestern 0 0 0.0 0

----------------------------------

1 3

OSU has given up 3 punt return yards this entire year lol

Also CBS simulated the BSC polls and OSU is sitting 5th, the surprises to me is Clemson at 2 and Stanford above Oregon

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/10/26951/cbs-simulated-bcs-rankings

Games of the week:

#16 Washington vs #2 Oregon (Cmon Washington!)

#12 Oklahoma vs Texas (I'll take Texas in the upset)

#25 Missouri vs #6 Georgia (Cmon Mizzou)

#17 Florida vs #10 LSU (Pulling for the gators here)

My upset picks:

Pitt over #24 Va Tech

Rutgers over #7 Louisville

Games of the week:

#16 Washington vs #2 Oregon (Cmon Washington!)

#12 Oklahoma vs Texas (I'll take Texas in the upset)

#25 Missouri vs #6 Georgia (Cmon Mizzou)

#17 Florida vs #10 LSU (Pulling for the gators here)

My upset picks:

Pitt over #24 Va Tech

Rutgers over #7 Louisville

NW is going to throw for 500 yards against them...44-38 type game wouldn't surprise me

NW just gave it everything they had against OSU. Wisconsin had a bye week to stew over their loss to OSU. Had OSU decided to grind it out earlier and not turned the ball over 3 times they could have pounded NW to death with the run as well. Wisconsin will get back to the 350ypg rushing they had prior to the OSU game and NW will just have to take it.

Not sure why you think NW is going to double their average passing total...

There's a reason Wisconsin opened as a 10-point favorite for this game and it's already gone up to 10.5.

NW vs Wisconsin will be a good game. Well at least I hope. If NW is still hung over from the tOSU loss, then they will get blown out. IMO, Wisconsin is the better team. NW got a few breaks and game was only close from Braxton Millers loose handling of the ball and buckeye defense not having Bryant. If tOSU sees NW at the end of the year, NW will get blown out.

NW vs Wisconsin will be a good game. Well at least I hope. If NW is still hung over from the tOSU loss, then they will get blown out. IMO, Wisconsin is the better team. NW got a few breaks and game was only close from Braxton Millers loose handling of the ball and buckeye defense not having Bryant. If tOSU sees NW at the end of the year, NW will get blown out.

So I thought OSU was wanting to schedule harder opponents? They must feel Hawaii is real close to turning the corner cause they were just scheduled for 2015

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/227128881.html?id=227128881&src=em

This also makes the chances of the Northern Illinois game being canceled that much greater.

OSU's schedule looks soft again outside of Va Tech who will prob be terrible by time that game comes around. This puts OSU at 10 games in 2015, interested in seeing who the other 2 teams will be

Hawaii

@Va Tech

@Indiana

Maryland

Penn State

@Rutgers

Minnesota

@Illinois

Michigan St

@Michigan

U of Hawaii football is a fucking joke right now and will still be. Norm Chow ran out any decent coaches and can't recruit worth a shit. If UH could simply recruit consistently the offensive/defensive line from Kahuku and Waianae public high schools out in Hawaii, they would be top 25 in the country. The problem is June Jones(two coaches ago) pissed off quite a few local high school coaches out there so they are going to the west coast schools instead.

Hawaii is on there simply for a recruiting perk. Get to go there for free, chase around mixed asian girls for a week, and enjoy the over the top night life.