Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

Bro, University of Nebrask-Omaha AD's opinions are worth not a goddamned thing.
He controls scheduling, budgets, has a say in rules and other issues within college sports. An ESPN analysts job is worth 1 AP vote.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He controls scheduling, budgets, has a say in rules and other issues within college sports. An ESPN analysts job is worth 1 AP vote.

Lollerskates. I've said my piece on it, dude is a douche, by all accounts.

The court of public opinion can do it's thing now.

OSU with 4 night games this year, sort of. The Cal game has been given an official kickoff time of 7pm est. While it wont be a "real" night game, it will be in prime time, also it is going to be televised by Fox.

Another thing, I read this today, not sure how true or false it is so don't kill the messenger.

"Alright r/cfb I want to leak this here. I really don't care if you choose to believe me or not because this is the truth and is happening. So do you remember that sweet highlight film? It came from a meeting Nike had with Ohio State officials to pitch them on changing their uniform. I have been told by people at Nike that they will feature multiple new and different uniform combinations this football season. They will have as many different combinations as Oregon. Now, I have not seen these so I'm not sure if they will be a new design (I doubt it will be drastic maybe metallic numbers?) but I assume it will consist of different color jersey combinations (ex- white, black, grey, red jerseys & pants).... Thought the community would enjoy hearing the news before Nike announces it"

Most likely false that they are going to wear multiple uniforms this year, but prob true that they held a meeting with Nike to discuss the Pro Combat design for this year, which I will venture to say they wear against Wisconsin.

That bit is from the cfb subreddit. Posted about a week ago. nevada on Scout (who seems close-ish with Nike stuff) kinda beat around the bush on the subject which makes me lean towards it being at least partly true. Maybe a few alternates for the night games on the road and at home. Love that 5 of the games are already 3:30pm or later.

Also, a proposal to expand the stadium by 2,500 seats is supposed to go to the trustees or some committee or whatever next week. Good news since A&M's expansion was going to put them ahead of OSU by about 120 seats. Haha A&M! You lose!

OSU with 4 night games this year, sort of. The Cal game has been given an official kickoff time of 7pm est. While it wont be a "real" night game, it will be in prime time, also it is going to be televised by Fox.

Another thing, I read this today, not sure how true or false it is so don't kill the messenger.

"Alright r/cfb I want to leak this here. I really don't care if you choose to believe me or not because this is the truth and is happening. So do you remember that sweet highlight film? It came from a meeting Nike had with Ohio State officials to pitch them on changing their uniform. I have been told by people at Nike that they will feature multiple new and different uniform combinations this football season. They will have as many different combinations as Oregon. Now, I have not seen these so I'm not sure if they will be a new design (I doubt it will be drastic maybe metallic numbers?) but I assume it will consist of different color jersey combinations (ex- white, black, grey, red jerseys & pants).... Thought the community would enjoy hearing the news before Nike announces it"

Most likely false that they are going to wear multiple uniforms this year, but prob true that they held a meeting with Nike to discuss the Pro Combat design for this year, which I will venture to say they wear against Wisconsin.

I hope this is only a rumor and nothing more

I'd be down for some sweet new uniforms. Oregon's shit is bauce.

slap yourself :fuckyeah:

So how about all the cry babies crying about Gordon Gee's comments? I mean, it's not like anything he said is false. Truth hurts SEC fans/alum?

what was said?

what was said?

Said stuff about how Catholics can't be trusted (with regards to inviting ND to the B1G), that schools like Louisville/UK don't measure up/fit in with the rest of the B1G academically and that once the SEC learns how to read and write maybe they'll figure out what the B1G is doing. The last bit was in response to some SEC honks making fun of the Big Ten having 14 teams and not being able to count.

Yeah I understand what you're saying, $$$ or tradition? Money wins out in this day and age. They are also talking about putting in permanent lighting which would be nice.

I believe the permanent lighting is already approved/planned for 2014/2015.

And it'll still have the same Horseshoe appearance it has now really. Unless they demolish the south stands (which obviously they won't) and close it all the way around that way there's no way to get a perfect oval. So you still get a U shape with a flat, closed end for the most part.

Hey Zack, your boy Nevada just missed...he was sure LB Chase Winovich from PA would be choosing OSU, kid just picked Michigan lol. In his defense this kid was all over the place the last couple weeks, hell 11 Warriors reported that Pitt was the team to beat for him. Figured I'd bust your balls a little lol

The rivalry might actually become one again the way both schools are recruiting. Michigan is putting together a very nice class this year and are still in on some top players including #1 DaShawn Hand (many believe he ends up at VT though). I am anxious to see how Urban closes out this year, I figure he has a few players up his sleeve that are either committed elsewhere right now or aren't really on the radar for picking OSU

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Yeah, nevada had Winovich to OSU about a month ago and as recently as a few days ago he simply said until he heard otherwise he would keep the ==== on him. I honestly think Winovich was a little scared of competition. Sounds like sour grapes but the kid saw higher rated prospects at the same position that were wanted more by OSU and Michigan alike choosing OSU so he decided to be Michigan's consolation prize. OSU will still be getting Raekwon McMillan so that'll be nice.

And this is the 3rd year in a row that Michigan is out to a great start recruiting, ahead of OSU even. And the last 2 years Urban has pulled ahead late. I expect nothing different with this class. McMillan, Kyle Allen or Brandon Harris, hopefully Jamarco Jones, etc., etc.

Eh, that will fall off in my opinion. Stoops is the new guy in town with a famous last name. Once recruits realize that it's still Kentucky and they will be nothing more than a bottom feeder in the SEC it will hopefully change. It's a shame states like Indiana and Michigan don't produce more top level talent at the highschool level.

2015's conference schedule was released today and boy is it cakey lol.

Oct. 3 – at Indiana

Oct. 10 – Maryland

Oct. 17 – Penn State

Oct. 24 – at Rutgers

Oct. 31 – Off

Nov. 7 – Minnesota

Nov. 14 – at Illinois

Nov. 21 – Michigan State

Nov. 28 – at Michigan

Dec. 5 – Big Ten Championship Game

Apparently ol' Geno isn't too happy about no Nebraska 3 years in a row.

Wisconsin avoids OSU, MSU, UM and PSU (aka the best teams in the East) 2 years in a row. Nice little welcome gift for Gary Andersen.

But they'll get us in the title game, and get smoked.