Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not talking him up or down. Just thought Dantonio's pitch was funny. While the kid's commitment status may have changed in the last 4 days, his talent level hasn't.

You want to see talking him up/down based on his commitment? Post directly from Michigan's Scout board...

Yes and more yes. I retract my original post where I said Mone > Marshall. If they are both Michigan targets, Mone = Marshall = good.

Mone is a DT Michigan got a couple days ago out of Utah. Michigan fans were all saying Marshall wasn't anything special by Monday/Tuesday after they had their little meltdown on Sunday. Now he's right back to being good. You typically get that vibe from any fan base when it comes to this stuff but for someone to just come right out and say it... hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
In related news, Ohio has plummeted out of the top five "fattest States in the Nation" poll, down to number 42. The dramatic change has been attributed to College Football, of all things. A prominent scientist was quoted as saying "News broke early this week that Jim Bollman had been hired as Offensive Coordinator at Michigan State, and, as far as we can tell right now, ALL of Buckeye Nation collectively, and LITERALLY, laughed their entire asses off. Were still studying this phenomonon, but in the meantime, we have had to shift some of our research students to the janitorial department. Someone has to clean up all this ass...."

In related news, Ohio has plummeted out of the top five "fattest States in the Nation" poll, down to number 42. The dramatic change has been attributed to College Football, of all things. A prominent scientist was quoted as saying "News broke early this week that Jim Bollman had been hired as Offensive Coordinator at Michigan State, and, as far as we can tell right now, ALL of Buckeye Nation collectively, and LITERALLY, laughed their entire asses off. Were still studying this phenomonon, but in the meantime, we have had to shift some of our research students to the janitorial department. Someone has to clean up all this ass...."

what are you talking about? jim was an innovator to the offensive coordinator game.

1st &10- run up the middle

2nd &11- run up the middle

3rd &9- fake the pass, run up the middle.

4th-13- thinking about running up the middle

by the middle of the 4th, the opposition will never expect you to run up the middle. INNOVATOR :dumb:

what are you talking about? jim was an innovator to the offensive coordinator game.

by the middle of the 4th, the opposition will never expect you to run up the middle. INNOVATOR :dumb:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/users/Roger/askBollman.gif

:lol:

First day of spring practice was yesterday. Everyone raving about Jordan Hall as the slot/H-back/Percy position guy.

And redshirt freshman Sevon Pittman is gone. One of the highly rated DL recruits Urban stole to close out the 2012 class. Rumors that he was lazy or had off the field issues that people hope a simple change of scenery can fix.

First day of spring practice was yesterday. Everyone raving about Jordan Hall as the slot/H-back/Percy position guy.

And redshirt freshman Sevon Pittman is gone. One of the highly rated DL recruits Urban stole to close out the 2012 class. Rumors that he was lazy or had off the field issues that people hope a simple change of scenery can fix.

Yeah, I heard that about Pittman and was like, "What? Already?"

Look, I like gettign talented players, but if dude is a head case or a cancer, good riddance. Best of luck gettign your shit together and making something of yourself, young master Pittman.

Of course, all the other B1G fans are chalking Pittman's departure up to Urban freeing up roster space and nothing more. Ignoring the fact that Pittman's own HS coach came out in his hometown paper and basically said the kid could be real good if he actually commits himself to being a football player. When met with that fact MSU fans said it was just an Ohio coach not wanting to bemoan Urban Meyer. Ignoring another fact, that Pittman's HS coach was actually publicly upset with him when he backed out of his commitment to MSU to switch to OSU.

Basically Pittman's HS coach is a straight shooter but MSU/B1G fans only hear what they want.

Coach Coombs is really just the best.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

That dude is awesome.

BTW, everything I am hearing about the spring drills so far is telling me that Bradley Roby looks like a man among boys in the backfield. I am CRAZY excited to hear that, dude is LEGIT.

I always liked Roby. Like a lot. He and Hankins were my favorites from that class. Insane they both ended up panning out like they did. Thought Roby would have a Malcolm Jenkins-esque start where he just came out of no where and played as a true frosh but he did have to take the RS which led me to Hankins who didn't redshirt which was pretty surprising actually since he had a few different issues coming in (weight/conditioning, grades, etc.) but he was just too much of a disruptive force to leave off the field.

Here's a great video of Roby highlights from this past season...

Jim Heacock re-joining the staff in a support position. Basically gets to do everything he likes to do (gameplan, watch film, etc.) while getting to avoid everything he doesn't like to do (recruit, deal with media, etc.). Really happy since I loved what he did under Tressel but I am interested to see how his style clashes with Urban's desire to attack attack attack. Heacock gave Urban his first real coaching job at Illinois St. after Urban was a GA at OSU so there won't be any problem on a personal level but we all saw how upset Urban seemed with Fickell's attempt at the Heacock-style defense in the first half of last season.

Jim Heacock re-joining the staff in a support position. Basically gets to do everything he likes to do (gameplan, watch film, etc.) while getting to avoid everything he doesn't like to do (recruit, deal with media, etc.). Really happy since I loved what he did under Tressel but I am interested to see how his style clashes with Urban's desire to attack attack attack. Heacock gave Urban his first real coaching job at Illinois St. after Urban was a GA at OSU so there won't be any problem on a personal level but we all saw how upset Urban seemed with Fickell's attempt at the Heacock-style defense in the first half of last season.

Sounds like he is gonna be around to provide that extra set of eyes for self scouting and game prep. I doubt he gets to do any of the game planning, but rather point out specific issues within the defense and poasibly provide defensive "gameplans" against our offense as part of self scouting

• 3 weeks later...

WTF... Marcus Lattimore did some stuff at South Carolina's pro day yesterday.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Lattimore-amazes-inspires-at-Pro-Day-/f3cf14ab-5de8-47b7-aa7b-c395d4e2b694?campaign=car%3Afanshare%3Afacebook

That's just inhuman. From this...

http://i.imgur.com/esdP7Oe.jpg

To working out for pro scouts in 5 months.

Seems to me you have no idea why this is remarkable.

When the injury happened people wondered if he'd ever even be able to walk normally again. At best people thought he'd be out for the upcoming season then be able to try and prove himself again in 2014.

WTF... Marcus Lattimore did some stuff at South Carolina's pro day yesterday.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Lattimore-amazes-inspires-at-Pro-Day-/f3cf14ab-5de8-47b7-aa7b-c395d4e2b694?campaign=car%3Afanshare%3Afacebook

That's just inhuman. From this...

http://i.imgur.com/esdP7Oe.jpg

To working out for pro scouts in 5 months.

Marivn Lewis went to watch. I'd be very happy if the Bengals were to steal Lattimore in the 4th or 5th round. He could be a bust (due to injury), or he could be a future great.