Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 more start times announced:

Buffalo- Noon

San Diego St- 3:30

That makes 6 games now with a 3:30 or later start time. I wonder if Urban had any say in this and could possibly be using it as a recruiting tool. Later start time on game day might give recruits more of a game day experience.

This is great for me as noon games are on at 9am for me on west coast time, though the Buckeye bars do open to show the games it's just a lot better as 3:30 puts them at noon for me!!

I believe Roby said something about the 1 jersey being pretty special and how Urban "awarded" it to him after last spring or something.

Wilson could be very special though. Just a touchdown machine at one of if not the highest level of competition in Texas.

Edit: little blurb about Roby and the #1 jersey at the end of this article...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/19898606/ohio-state-cb-bradley-roby-shines-in-buckeye-secondary

People are making a big deal about Wilson getting the #1 jersey over on scout. I didn't know OSU had become Michigan...

Kerry Coombs and Urban made Roby work for it last year, probably why they think that him having the #1 is a big deal. Someone else had to work for a low number last year too, Devin Smith maybe?

The #1 deal has always been a Michigan thing, mainly with their WR's. To me, its nothing special here at OSU. Now if he had "earned" #45 then ok yeah, that'd be something to talk about. I remember Roby having to earn it, but I don't recall Boom Herron or anyone else that has wore #1 at Ohio State ever having to "earn" it.

Looks like Wisky lost their qb, kid just transfered there last year and is already headed back home.

The #1 deal has always been a Michigan thing, mainly with their WR's. To me, its nothing special here at OSU. Now if he had "earned" #45 then ok yeah, that'd be something to talk about. I remember Roby having to earn it, but I don't recall Boom Herron or anyone else that has wore #1 at Ohio State ever having to "earn" it.

Looks like Wisky lost their qb, kid just transfered there last year and is already headed back home.

I believe it single digit jersey numbers not just number one . Jim Tressel took away ray smalls single-digit jersey number when he got in trouble

Edit single digit jersey numbers for Ohio State

Yeah he took Smalls number away, but I don't recall Ray ever having to earn it to begin with lol. To me there is far more important/historical numbers at OSU than #1. I'd take 7, 36, 45, 10, 2 over 1. Can you tell it's summer time, we're debating over a damn jersey number lol

Oh in other football news, I just read Tebow is going to sign with New England lol

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9362801/tim-tebow-sign-new-england-patriots-sources-say

still gets paid millions to be sit on the bench, probably a chance to get a superbowl ring, I think he is doing pretty well. I don't like tebow, but he is doing better than I expected.

Yeah he took Smalls number away, but I don't recall Ray ever having to earn it to begin with lol. To me there is far more important/historical numbers at OSU than #1. I'd take 7, 36, 45, 10, 2 over 1. Can you tell it's summer time, we're debating over a damn jersey number lol

Oh im not debating, more agreeing with you that there is very little given to most jersey numbers. Just pointing out the few exceptions. 1 turning out great, 1 turning out awful, and another yet to be seen.