Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU landed a K/P today out of Kentucky:

"It was widely believed that Ohio State was going to need to take a place kicker in the class of 2014 and on Tuesday afternoon those beliefs were confirmed when the Buckeyes accepted the verbal commitment out of Buckner (Ky.) Oldham County kicker Sean Nuernberger. The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder participated in two days of the Ohio State kicking camp and did well enough to earn a scholarship and it didn't take long for that offer to be accepted."

So that is 2 Kickers in the last week? Speaking of....

I believe he will still be using up a scholarship. Just technically a 2013 one instead of a 2014 one. And yeah, kid looks legit. Hopefully he can be our very own Brad Wing.

Idk how I missed this, but I don't think that is correct. OSU was over the limit, remember they couldn't sign Townsand due to Vonn Bell committing. Nothing I have read has said he is a scholarship player, everything I have read says he is walking on. Now he may get a schollie down the road when some open up, but for now I don't think he gets one.

Thought this was funny/interesting enough to share...

nevada just gave the ==== for class of 2017 QB Danny Clark out of Massillon. He's at the underclassmen camp at OSU today and is "the real deal" according to people there. Absolutely insane for a kid that young to be getting this kind of hype but Braxton wasn't too dissimilar and he was at a less storied school than Clark.

OSU's OOC schedule for 2017 and beyond includes the likes of UNC, TCU, Oklahoma and Oregon. They better start preparing for Mr. Clark.

Gene Smith named to the NCAA Council of Athletic Directors

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324688404578547781699014930.html

Emmert agreed Saturday morning to form a council of 10 athletic directors who would meet regularly with him and his senior staff, starting in July, he said in a Saturday interview with The Wall Street Journal. The idea is to leave fewer decisions about things like recruiting rules in the hands of busy college presidents and more with the athletic directors who work with coaches and their assistants. The agreement came during Emmert's visit here to speak to the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics.

You think OSU is going to get a qb in this (2014) class? They have seemed to be missing on all of their targets and others that many felt should be targeted have committed elsewhere.

Have a kid on campus right now getting some special attention, Brandon Dawkins. 6'3", 210ish. Not really any big offers (I believe he's the kid who tried to commit to ND after Golson was suspended/removed/whatever but they didn't accept it). But he's on campus for camp so they get to see him in person. Saw Collier in person last week and he didn't show well enough for an offer. Maybe Dawkins will.

Still have a shot at Harris but I think he'll announce for LSU next month. I think they'll get a guy like Dawkins or Collier and never stop contact with guys like Allen, Harris and Watson through signing day but they won't take 2 unless the 2nd is truly elite.

Gene Smith named to the NCAA Council of Athletic Directors

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324688404578547781699014930.html

Emmert has a vested interest in seeing the NCAA maintain control of major college football, and here we have a move to try and do just that. It's a good move, but I still don't beleive it will be enough. The NCAA has made too many really big mistakes involving high profile programs recently, and I think that within the next 5 years, you will see a new governing body for the top four conferences in major college football.

Looks like Jalyn Holmes has committed to OSU. Pretty cool following this one. Kid and his family stayed overnight last night, he spent a lot of one on one time with Urban, family was taken care of by Vrabel. Lots of reporters/recruiting analyst people saw he and his family celebrating with the coaches about an hour ago at the camp. Taking pictures together and everything. Then they went inside. Now reports of it being official coming out.

4* DE out of VA. Top 50 player in the country. DL Vrabel wants the most in this class. Urban and staff feel he's a Carolos Dunlap-type freak DE.

So the reports of it being official... came from none other than Bucknuts. They read the info in the thread on Scout following everything live, wanted to be first (because if you're not first, you're last and it's better to be first than right) and went official with it. Even saying in an article that Jalyn announced his commitment. Within 5 minutes Jalyn tweeted that he did not commit. Now Jalyn's mother is tweeting at Bucknuts and is not happy. OSU's staff is not happy.

From all credible accounts he did commit but wanted to get home, contact other schools' coaches and then announce on his own accord. Bucknuts, as they've done multiple times in the past, jumped the gun and I'm hoping Urban goes off on them like he did Jeremy Fowler back at Florida...

NOW it's official. Holmes is a Buckeye.

I know Zach Smith was pumped about "kicking Fla. St.'s ass" to get him and wanted a shot to do it again today with Damian Prince but Prince ended up not visiting so that sucks. Hopefully he makes it up here at some point though. Need those OL. Mavety, Knox, Prince, Mama, Jones, etc. Need a few of them.

4* WR out of NC, Trevion Thompson. One assistant thought he would commit today, another said he wouldn't bet his life on it but it could definitely happen.

I'm hoping OL start packing in soon. Hopefully Jamarco Jones kicks off a little streak of OL commits next week when he announces.

I heard Prince is coming in tomorrow instead..also hearing there is going to be atleast 1 more commit this week. Not sure how true those rumblings are though

Yeah, the way people "reported" it yesterday morning made it seem like the visit was completely off. Definitely here today though. Nice to see UCLA JUCO OL commit Jermaine Eluemunor is supposedly visiting as well. He and Mavety are fantastic JUCO OL who could step in right away. Hope we still have a shot at him with the visit today.

Harris didn't come up today like the staff was trying to get him to so they offered and accepted a commitment from Stephen Collier at QB. Like I said, this allows them to not worry too much about the QB position and keep in contact with Watson, Harris and maybe Allen all the way through signing day.