Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

If the B10 is anywhere near as awful as they were last year, then an undefeated Ohio State would likely deserve to get passed over for a 1-loss SEC team (unless Ohio State just looks like world beaters on the field).

I think OSU will look like world beaters on the field. The talent just isn't there in the B1G. If Ohio State doesn't handily win every game with the exception of Michigan, I will be surprised.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year Ohio State has the best talent in the league and most years they always seem to find games where they get through by the hair on their balls (Purdue last year!). I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a couple games that are a lot closer than they should be on paper. The Northwestern game is one of those that I am circling in right now. Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Northwestern is entertaining until they play Ohio State, and then they are just frustratingly annoying.

These teams always seem to know their role with Ohio State: Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, and Michigan State.

These teams are little fuckers that find ways of making life difficult for Ohio State: Northwestern, Purdue, and Illinois

Team that has been the most annoying/easiest to hate in the past decade: Wisconsin, and it isn't even close.

Orlando Pace got a bunch of love in that video - and for good reason. Should have won the Heisman, IMHO.

I was waiting to see the hit from Katzenmoyer on the Missouri QB, as I think that's a fairly legendary play in Ohio State lore.

I noticed that the "Catch" by Gonzalez made it in there. I also liked that the TD catch/run by Glenn against ND made it in there. Additionally, the catch by Boston in Rose Bowl against Arizona State and final play from NC Game in 2002 were both in there - which I think are the two most notable plays in Ohio State's (recent?) history.

Georgia Tech's leading WR from last year now a walk-on at tOSU. Has to sit out 2013 but will have 3 years of eligibility after that.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/05/21979/former-georgia-tech-wide-receiver-jeff-greene-to-walk-on-at-ohio-state?utm_content=buffer5e26f&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Alabama Offers Scholarship To Eighth Grader. I guess LSU and Texas has also made offers. What I don't get is how they expect this kid to be someone in 4-5 years, if you watch the video the other "kids" are smaller so when they grow and develop they'll get better/stronger/faster and this Moses kids hype will dye down.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8989200/alabama-crimson-tide-offer-scholarship-eighth-grader-dylan-moses

OSU picked up a verbal yesterday, 4* (gonna list him as an athlete right now) Lonnie Johnson from Indiana. Most feel he will be moved to WR, but haven't heard any official word about that yet.

11W is listing him as a WR, and Johnson told them that Meyer wants to use him on the outside to stretch the field.