Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5* (on 247 at least) ATH Curtis Samuel out of NY to OSU. OSU now right behind Bama in 247's recruiting rankings.

I was just getting ready to post this. Kid lit up camps and earned his 5th star based on 40 time and verticle from what I read. Throw in Lattimore, a couple OL, McMillian at LB and a surprise or 2 and this class is up there with the last 2 if not ahead

They say the average tuition is 14-15k a year. As for EA sports the Pac12 has also said they won't be apart of the game, therefore I don't think the game will ever be made. How can you have a CFB game with 3 of the biggest conferences not a part of the game.

the teams will still be in the game just different names, instead of Ohio State Buckeyes it'll be Columbus Ohio, just like the old Bill Walsh college football games back on the Sega genesis & SNES. The conference names wont be used either

Gene Smith said that a 4 year scholarship to OSU as a football player is worth $1 million. That includes study tables, room, board, coaching, trainers, etc.

if this is true then they don't need to be paid

The numbers, colors and everything will have to be changed then as well. Players sued this year because their "likeness" was being used. It sucks cause I love the NCAA games far more than the Madden series.

yup I perfer the NCAA game over the Madden games, I've owned every copy of NCAA since it started in 96 except for 3 of them:

2006 Desmond Howard on the cover (Fuck Michigan)

2011 Tim Tebow on the cover (fucked us up in the NC game)

and 2014 since Denard Robinson is on the cover (Fuck Michigan) but I may have to swallow my pride and buy it since it'll be the last one.

One thing I never understood was why the Buckeyes NEVER made the cover of any of the NCAA games :confused: this should have been the cover for this years game:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/cwash77/NCAAFootball14OSUPS3_zpsdba40666.jpg

TE Blake Thomas career over at Ohio State according to 11 Warriors.

"they revealed a condition in his neck that is causing nerve damage. With every hit he risks the chance of paralysis in one or both arms. The doctors on the OSU staff - who are absolutely outstanding - told Blake that they could not let him continue due to the high risk. He was/is devastated. He loves his teammates, coaches and OSU. Although he won't be on the field he will be with his teammates in spirit. Go Bucs!"

TE Blake Thomas career over at Ohio State according to 11 Warriors.

"they revealed a condition in his neck that is causing nerve damage. With every hit he risks the chance of paralysis in one or both arms. The doctors on the OSU staff - who are absolutely outstanding - told Blake that they could not let him continue due to the high risk. He was/is devastated. He loves his teammates, coaches and OSU. Although he won't be on the field he will be with his teammates in spirit. Go Bucs!"

I couldn't imagine being told something like that at such a young age. That would be terrible.

I couldn't imagine being told something like that at such a young age. That would be terrible.

I played with a guy lime that in HS. He played MLB and TE. As soon as recruiting opened up after his Sophomore season, he got something like 60 recruiting letters from D1 and 5 major offers on the spot. Going into practice his jr year, he got a stinger that lasted 3 days. Went to the dr and was told the same thing. It absolutely crushed him.

Some new rules this year for the NCAA, a couple that stood out to me are:

"Two players may never have the same jersey number during a game, and if a player intends on playing multiple positions with different jersey numbers, he must inform the referee who will announce the change."

Does this mean that if a player wears #7 on offense, another player cannot wear that number on defense? 105 players on a team, 0-99 plus retired numbers....how exactly does this work?

"Uniform numbers and uniform color must clearly contrast each other, regardless of the bordering color. Teams cannot wear "black on black" or "white on white" as the colors must clearly contrast each other."

Seems aimed at Oregon really, since they have a dark gray jersey with black letters.

All the rules changed can be found here:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list/201308/2013s-8-new-ncaaf-rule-changes#1

I think it means that if you are on the same team as in offense, defense, special teams? So if a WR and DB both have no. 7, they can not both go back and feild the kick off. That is what I am getting out of it.

Yeah, but wasn't that always the rule?