Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't Beanie who missed 3 games because his toe hurt.

He had turf toe and in his defense there was reports that he went toe to toe (no pun) with Tress before the USC game cause of how bad he wanted to play and Tress told him no. Beanies toughness was also questioned at the time and he too was considered "brittle". Beanie is currently out of the league because of injuries. I just read that the Steelers wanted to sign him this off season but determined he had a "bad wheel" (knee problem).

Meh, I'm not really buying whatever it is you're selling here. He just seems brittle.

I can remember Joe Germaine getting absolutely throttled at times and then acting like nothing had happened. Pryor and Smith were both mobile QB's and neither of them seemed as gimpy as Braxton.

I'm not trying to be down on Braxton, but let's not act like he isn't ailing with something from one game to the next.

Pryor and Smith both had a crappy backup QBs that is only good for losing games. Braxton on the other hand has one of the best backup QB in the league, who can run the offense and come from behind to win football games. I don't think it's Braxton that is being brittle, I think it is more of the Coachs being too protective of him because they can afford to.

Worst stinger for OSU I can remember is probably Shaun Lane. Fiesta Bowl vs. Texas. Completely lost feeling in one of his arms and had to stay in a Phoenix hospital for 3 days.

I've heard the complete opposite on Beanie. Everyone expected to him to play against USC and he pulled himself out. Tressel would never go "toe to toe" with a player who felt his future was at risk regardless of how it would affect the game.

The thing I always heard with Beanie was not knowing the difference between being hurt and being injured. Getting some of that same vibe with Braxton but I think another thing with him is he never... falls well. He almost always goes down awkwardly. I don't know if that's coachable or what but when he's being tackled he almost always ends up tangled and folding over himself. Watched Nebraska play the last 2 weeks with a big Nebraska fan friend and Martinez calls his own number quite a bit but he always... falls well. He gets tackled and just kinda rolls, tumbles and pops right back up.

I've heard the complete opposite on Beanie. Everyone expected to him to play against USC and he pulled himself out. Tressel would never go "toe to toe" with a player who felt his future was at risk regardless of how it would affect the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/57162-ohio-state-usc-football-chris-beanie-wells-officialy-not-playing

I remember them even talking about it before kickoff. That week was crazy cause one minute he was playing the next he wasn't

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

they were talking about Braxton Miller on the radio questioning his toughness as well, they were saying when he was in H.S. he got hurt every game.

If I can recall correctly he broke his ankle twice, and the only iffy one was 1 1/2 games for a thigh bruise

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/57162-ohio-state-usc-football-chris-beanie-wells-officialy-not-playing

I remember them even talking about it before kickoff. That week was crazy cause one minute he was playing the next he wasn't

Mmmm... a Bleacher Report article from 2008. Back before Turner picked them up and tried to give them a shroud of legitimacy (which they still don't have).

I'm fairly certain I have never heard/read about Beanie wanting to play and Tressel not letting him from anyone but you. I mean, obviously you have that article as the source but every single other account of that whole thing has been the complete opposite.

Mmmm... a Bleacher Report article from 2008. Back before Turner picked them up and tried to give them a shroud of legitimacy (which they still don't have).

I'm fairly certain I have never heard/read about Beanie wanting to play and Tressel not letting him from anyone but you. I mean, obviously you have that article as the source but every single other account of that whole thing has been the complete opposite.

It was on the pregame show, I just used the article as reference to show printed proof so you couldn't attempt to discredit my claim any further. Loading up on WR's, not so much on OL, someone on scout said it best, "Michigan will have OL playing WR and OSU will have WR playing OL". Meaning Michigan isn't really hasn't gotten many WR's in recent classes and OSU is having trouble recruiting the OL.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/09/freshman_qb_prospect_danny_cla.html

Who is this guy? Never heard of him since he is a Freshmen in highschool. I guess he is on Ohio State's Radar already, but damn... as a Freshmen in HS?

Yeah, OSU's big "insider" called him to OSU a couple months ago when he came to OSU camp and did really well. Had never even started a HS game yet. Started this past week and did OK for his first start in a big-time game against Canton Glen Oak.

Many are claiming Danny Clark will end up being the best qb Ohio has ever produced, I say that is a lot of pressure to put on a 14 year old kid. Apparently the OSU staff loves him and it's said that once they offer he'll accept on the spot.

You're right about having 4, but some feel Marcelys Jones could be waivering on his commitment. I would still like to see them get 1-2 more OL, MLB and a DL in this class

It was on the pregame show, I just used the article as reference to show printed proof so you couldn't attempt to discredit my claim any further.

You discredited it yourself by posting that link. :gabe:

I'm not kidding though when I say I have never heard anything but the opposite.

Lol, bleacher report does suck usually, I will give you that. I just remember the female sideline reporter talking about how Beanie was begging and pleading with Tress to let him play and Tress saying no cause his foot wasn't 100%. Many Buckeye fans were questioning his toughness and heart much like they are Braxtons.

Pryor and Smith both had a crappy backup QBs that is only good for losing games. Braxton on the other hand has one of the best backup QB in the league, who can run the offense and come from behind to win football games. I don't think it's Braxton that is being brittle, I think it is more of the Coachs being too protective of him because they can afford to.

Did you mean to say that the coaches aren't being overprotective of Braxton because they can afford to be, knowing they have a very capable backup in Guiton? Because that would fit your argument better.

The deep thigh bruise was his senior year I think? And just read about those and if they aren't properly treated they can get pretty nasty and have permanent effects.

I thought he broke his leg his freshman or sophomore year. I don't remember an ankle break. This was 6-7 years ago now though...lol.

He literally carried Wayne through his entire career there though.

Could probably dig through his thread on BuckeyePlanet to find all the injuries but I'm sure his thread is ginormous at this point.

Did you mean to say that the coaches aren't being overprotective of Braxton because they can afford to be, knowing they have a very capable backup in Guiton? Because that would fit your argument better.

No, I am saying that the coachs could be protecting braxton miller, making sure he is going to be healthy when the B1G season starts. He isn't really needed for any of the first 4 games, why risk it?

No, I am saying that the coachs could be protecting braxton miller, making sure he is going to be healthy when the B1G season starts. He isn't really needed for any of the first 4 games, why risk it?

Okay, now I understand what you're saying. However, I'm not just talking about Braxton this year. He was gimpy last year too.

The deep thigh bruise was his senior year I think? And just read about those and if they aren't properly treated they can get pretty nasty and have permanent effects.

I thought he broke his leg his freshman or sophomore year. I don't remember an ankle break. This was 6-7 years ago now though...lol.

He literally carried Wayne through his entire career there though.

Could probably dig through his thread on BuckeyePlanet to find all the injuries but I'm sure his thread is ginormous at this point.

I found it last night trying to remember his injuries. It was like 500 pages. The first few pages are people saying that he needs to come in and play WR or safety LOL.

Anyway, those kids stress their bodies so much while growing that I don't really take injuries in high school into account unless it may have lasting effects (full knee replacement)