Picked up a new toy

GSXRAntwon

Picked it up today for a crackhead price with a bunch of mags and a 22 conv kit as well. Its a stock Bushmaster with an MOE rubber grip, thats about it. For a SHTF situation, I think she'll do. I want to eventually change the upper for an optic, and maybe some other things. Gun guys, any suggestions on "necessary" add ons?

Here she is:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/hlfvipr/DDA8B895-331B-48BB-9D33-625D10AC13C6-259-000000099DB4D69A.jpg

Put it on gun broker and watch the profit come flowing in? Would get a nice optic and if you can find one a folding stock

Haha yea Ive thought about it, but for the price I paid I couldnt replace it anytime soon. I like the collapsible stock for now, maybe a Magpul later on. Thinking once I get a different upper I want an Aimpoint.

fixed carry handle... :barf:

Like I said, its my first AR and I had to start somewhere without spending a lot of money.

Nice, where'd ya get it? And crackhead price is...? DO WANT

Got it off an older military guy who's furnace went out and needed money. Didnt know what Armslist was until he looked and saw my WTB ad.

Came with 3 30rd mags, 3 20rd mags, and 22 conv, for $900

Nothing wrong with that boom stick. Learn how to use the sights that are on it and you are more than fine. The batteries never die on iron sights. Zero it and know what you're working with. Half the shit people are attaching to their weapon just gets in the way.

You need any help understanding the sights, feel free to ask.

Edited by Mojoe

I don't really have anything I'd like to get rid of. What do u need or what are u looking for?

It was more BS than seriousness. Most of my mags are brand new and I really am not in the market to get rid of them. I have just the amount I want to have. I'm not all about price raping people but it would take a lot to get me to let them go. Plus, I paid too much for them as well. If you are interested in buying some, I may have the chance to buy some more soon but they are going to be atleast 15-20 a piece for me to get. I can send you a pm then.

900$ ?! i would say in the current market you got a deal. I agree with Joe, shoot your irons first before getting an optic. Personally my first mod would be to get either a quad-rail (i had a magpul one and its pretty comfy w/o gloves on), ditch the carry handle for a rail up top and get some flip up irons to start, that stuff wouldn't really cost you that much either. Good pick up.

900$ ?! i would say in the current market you got a deal. I agree with Joe, shoot your irons first before getting an optic. Personally my first mod would be to get either a quad-rail (i had a magpul one and its pretty comfy w/o gloves on), ditch the carry handle for a rail up top and get some flip up irons to start, that stuff wouldn't really cost you that much either. Good pick up.

Thanks. After shooting it yesterday I fell in love with it. I ordered an Aero stripped upper and a BCM Hider yesterday. Let the modding begin!