Maybe we can get an RC thread to stick?

Diamonds

I searched for RC threads. Seems like a lot of them die off quickly. I have found that there are a quite a few people on here that bash, hit skateparks, etc.

Maybe this could be a good place to talk about: RC related stuff, show pics, speed run proof, good spots, and get-togethers. Linn, Keith, and I have been RC'ing just about every saturday for the past 3 months. Been a blast getting back into soemthing i took seriously 10 years ago.

Funnest thing yet, driving fast 1/10 or 1/8 scale trucks in skate park pools. I love it. Or, RC boating.

What about everyone else?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just now finally have my SC10 ready to go. I raced for years and was even a sponsored drive at one point. Now I just want to get back into it having fun racing and keep it less of a "job".

If enough of us want to go up to CRCRC on a friday I can get us set up into our own class and race together.

Ive been looking into this here recently, I didn't realize they were that expensive. any suggestions as to a good starter vehicle? I like the trucks and have been looking at the gravedigger one from traxxas, also would like to try the drift cars maybe. I want to stick to electric ones. Also anything that is 3yo safe? Bella stole my cheapo car. I do have an xmods from radioshack from long ago.

is thatthe place in hilliard?

I wantto get acqauinted with....

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/182200_10101289509724204_568536685_n.jpg

Is that nitro or electric?

Yes CRCRC is in Hilliard. I used to be a race director there for years until I got into grad school.

Ive been looking into this here recently, I didn't realize they were that expensive. any suggestions as to a good starter vehicle? I like the trucks and have been looking at the gravedigger one from traxxas, also would like to try the drift cars maybe. I want to stick to electric ones. Also anything that is 3yo safe? Bella stole my cheapo car. I do have an xmods from radioshack from long ago.

For hobby grade RC stuff you pay for what you get. If you are looking to get into it on the cheap I suggest buying used, since people loose their ass on resale.

It also depends on what you want to do, that should drive your choice.

Best advice... like Wagner said. buy used. SICK deals out there.

What do you want to do......?

Speed runs with cars? speed runs with trucks? ramp shit at skateparks? drift? race? race with comp-grade stuff?

AND, how much do you want to spend to get started?

To buy a decent hobbygrade brushless truck will run you 200-300.... same for a car.

WORD OF ADVICE - I got back into this hobby with the intent to drift a 1/10 road car..... that was 2 months ago. I now own 1 car and 4 trucks (and a boat) and NEVER use the on-roadcar..... just not as fun.

Buy a 1/10 stadium truck or truggy or 1/8 buggy or truggy. cant go wrong. 1/8 stuff is SUPER STRONG.... if you are going to ramp it.

PS - DEALS are out there!!

Team Associated RC8T-CE Converted to E. Trinity 1950KV and Hobbywing XERUN 150a running 4S lipo 20/50T pinion/spur combo.

Nice, racing a nitro truggy was fun, but could get crazy. If you are in a heat with a bunch of ham fisted dumbass types it is hard to get clean laps in.

If i get anything else it will be an e-scale, or something dirty cheap to race dirt oval with.

Best advice... like Wagner said. buy used. SICK deals out there.

What do you want to do......?

Speed runs with cars? speed runs with trucks? ramp shit at skateparks? drift? race? race with comp-grade stuff?

AND, how much do you want to spend to get started?

To buy a decent hobbygrade brushless truck will run you 200-300.... same for a car.

WORD OF ADVICE - I got back into this hobby with the intent to drift a 1/10 road car..... that was 2 months ago. I now own 1 car and 4 trucks (and a boat) and NEVER use the on-roadcar..... just not as fun.

Buy a 1/10 stadium truck or truggy or 1/8 buggy or truggy. cant go wrong. 1/8 stuff is SUPER STRONG.... if you are going to ramp it.

PS - DEALS are out there!!

thanks for the info, you too wags don't know how to quote two people at once. If I were to get a truck I would only be able to drive it at my dads who has 14 acres, I live on a ~30x60 spot with a house that uses most of it. bright side takes me 10 min to mow. lol. We have hardwood floors so thats why I was looking at the cars. But I do like the trucks more. wouldnt want to do anything more than just for fun stuff maybe if CR has a rc meet then maybe do that if im decent enough not to crash into everyone.

right now trying to find deals that I could trade for.. money is lacking and I have stuff I dont use.

I enjoy running my 1:10 2wd nitro stadium truck a lot but want to try something else here pretty soon. I'll keep the stadium truck but will look to buy a used savage xl or 1:8 truggy for bashing. Its a fun hobby but I tend to get into it and out of it a lot.

Thanks Wagner!!! keep it on topic dudes.

Yeah, no reason to turn this into your standard mess since people might have legit questions.

I will be out of town this weekend, so no racing for me. Next Friday I hope to come back out and do some work