I have a meeting with the manager of Jared at polaris... questions.

2pointslow

So in a nut shell the wife took her rings in on saturday to get them soldered together and taken up 1/2 size. We had her birthday party sunday evening and she wanted them to be done by then. We will refer to the associate as "Bob". Bob said that was not an issue and they would be done after 5pm on sunday evening and to come pick them up.

We arrive at jared on sunday evening at 5:02pm to find the doors locked and customers still inside. We knock on the door and another associate which i can't stand. Looks at us puts his arms up and walks away. My wife calls in and says we have our slip and that Bob had told us to be here after 5 to pick up her rings. She said ill have a manager here at 10 you can pick them up then and hung up.

Now i have shopped here faithfully with the assistant manager/manager since 2005 and have never purchased any jewelry from any other competitor. I have also brought in many customers with the same opinion as I and only shop at jared. I will always refer jared to people. The associate said they couldn't open the doors for security reasons. Which is a lie because they had customers inside still? What are you going to do put up a cot for them in the back?

In a nut shell what do i do? This IMHO was a major fuck up and ruined my wife's evening because she was lied to and we were completely mistreated in the matter. She left in tears which pissed me off. Do i take my business elsewhere and when i meet up with the manager that i buy from on a regular basis how do i go about this matter?

Edited by 2pointslow

Wow that is some shitty customer service. Theres 2 problems with this. Bob shouldn't have told you to show up after store hours because some workers are serious when they say "closes at 5". The other problem is they still should've helped you when you talked to them over the phone.

In the end i'd prolly tell them about how big they messed up and that this did permanent damage on their reputation in your mind. If they don't somehow make it up to you then don't ever do business with them again.

Wow that is some shitty customer service. Theres 2 problems with this. Bob shouldn't have told you to show up after store hours because some workers are serious when they say "closes at 5". The other problem is they still should've helped you when you talked to them over the phone.

In the end i'd prolly tell them about how big they messed up and that this did permanent damage on their reputation in your mind. If they don't somehow make it up to you then don't ever do business with them again.

This is my thought, but sadly most places could care less about losing a customer.

I would ask the manager (the next time you talk to him) why an associate would schedule to have you come in after store hours. I would also ask why another associate would display what would appear to have an attitude (throwing their arms up like they were upset) when you knocked on the door. I would then let him know that if the customer service doesn't get any better that next time you would look elsewhere for your jewlery needs.

Give David Johnson @ the Diamond Cellar a call, or PM me you number and I'll have him call you. He is the son of the owner and would love to stick it to Jared's.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-johnson/6/b9a/994

I agree, call David or Jodelle, who is the manager at Easton. They go above and beyond to make you happy.

I would ask the manager (the next time you talk to him) why an associate would schedule to have you come in after store hours. I would also ask why another associate would display what would appear to have an attitude (throwing their arms up like they were upset) when you knocked on the door. I would then let him know that if the customer service doesn't get any better that next time you would look elsewhere for your jewelry needs.

Im on a double edge sword. When i purchase something at jared i always buy the ESP plan. It covers almost anything if something where to happen to the jewelry. Now if i go in there and blow up and say im never shopping here again i still HAVE to go in there for maintenance. Lord knows what kind of service ill get at that point.

I agree, call David or Jodelle, who is the manager at Easton. They go above and beyond to make you happy.

I'm thinking about switching. However every time i go in there i get terrible service. When we were shopping for rings i wanted her to look everywhere to get an opinion on what she wanted. The salesmen at diamond cellar didn't even want to get them out for her. I got frustrated went over to jared and purchased her engagement ring that very day.

Im on a double edge sword. When i purchase something at jared i always buy the ESP plan. It covers almost anything if something where to happen to the jewelry. Now if i go in there and blow up and say im never shopping here again i still HAVE to go in there for maintenance. Lord knows what kind of service ill get at that point.

No point in blowing up at this point. The emotional damage is done with the wife. Get your rings back and discuss with the manager calmly that you are going to be looking at other jewelers and explain calmly why you are. Then leave.

Well you already have a few points to address however I would also bring up why an employee wanted you to show up at the store after hours, was bob trying to do something shady? Pocket the money from you or what? Did he know the register would be closed and think he saw a way to make a quick buck, of course inventory is strictly controlled so he's not going to pocket a ring or anything but maybe he thought he could pocket your service fees and this other employee wasn't supposed to be there but got held up with the customers still there.

Not saying don't blame the business, but maybe there's more to this employee telling you what he told you than first meets the eye...

well the manager called me this morning as soon as they opened. She informed me that it went from bad to worst and that one of the amethysts in her wedding band had cracked. (it alternates diamond/amethyst) She also told me that the ring wasn't done and was most likely the reason they wouldn't open the doors since they know us. Bob is also a manager in training. LOL great manager there, doesn't even know the store hours. She said we have 2 options for the wedding band and that she can come pick up the engagement ring until we get either a new ring in ( which was custom made) or they send the ring out and have the gems color matched and a new one selected. I had a long discussion with the manager and she is going to try and get us some compensation for the matter and i told her if i stay i will only come in by appointment with her and she was 100% ok with that.

Now does the gemstone being cracked sound like retaliation?

Did you ask to inspect it as is? I would go ASAP, you can't take her word. Retaliation? Sounds more like they did the wrong work and/or lost something, or didnt do any work at all and are buying time.

If I were you I would go get my shit right now, take it to a different jeweler that can do what the wife originally wanted (and replace the stone if it really is cracked) and bill Jared, if she's already offering you compensation asking her to pay a bill from somewhere else isn't to far from what she already offered.

This is her wedding ring your dealing with, if it were my wife and this happened to her and now they want to send it off and take who knows how much longer for her to have it back diplomacy would be out the window and down the street, my wife would be in there trying to kill someone.

This isn't a mens gold band here, if this happened to your ring you'd be mad but life would go on, I don't know your wife, or you for that matter, but I know my wife and if ANYTHIG happened to her wedding ring she would be devastated and hanging on every second till she got it back.

No point in blowing up at this point. The emotional damage is done with the wife. Get your rings back and discuss with the manager calmly that you are going to be looking at other jewelers and explain calmly why you are. Then leave.

If you are going to leave, don't bother wasting your time explaining it.

Did you ask to inspect it as is? I would go ASAP, you can't take her word. Retaliation? Sounds more like they did the wrong work and/or lost something, or didnt do any work at all and are buying time.

If I were you I would go get my shit right now, take it to a different jeweler that can do what the wife originally wanted (and replace the stone if it really is cracked) and bill Jared, if she's already offering you compensation asking her to pay a bill from somewhere else isn't to far from what she already offered.

This is her wedding ring your dealing with, if it were my wife and this happened to her and now they want to send it off and take who knows how much longer for her to have it back diplomacy would be out the window and down the street, my wife would be in there trying to kill someone.

This isn't a mens gold band here, if this happened to your ring you'd be mad but life would go on, I don't know your wife, or you for that matter, but I know my wife and if ANYTHIG happened to her wedding ring she would be devastated and hanging on every second till she got it back.

She is going up there right now and talking to her. I told her to take the diamond cert/appraisal and have it matched up with the numbers in the diamond. She told me it wasn't done and was most likely why they wouldn't open the doors. Trust me the wife is furious and is after blood, she has taken the day off work to deal with this issue.

Going in mad isn't going to help the situation. It sucks that they didn't do what they were supposed to AND f'd up the ring. My wife had a similar issue. She went into a small store in Hilliard to have some old jewelry looked at. They offered to clean her rings while she was there. One of the stones in her band was missing after that. She didn't notice until she was home. The owner ended up getting another stone of equal quality and putting it in since it happened while they were cleaning it.

No yelling or acting crazy, they just stood up to their mistake and cleaned it. I will buy something from them in the future for taking care of the issue, even though they created it.

I would still look elsewhere if I was you for future purchases, but don't go nuts on them as you mentioned that you still have jewelry "insured" with them.

Going in mad isn't going to help the situation. It sucks that they didn't do what they were supposed to AND f'd up the ring. My wife had a similar issue. She went into a small store in Hilliard to have some old jewelry looked at. They offered to clean her rings while she was there. One of the stones in her band was missing after that. She didn't notice until she was home. The owner ended up getting another stone of equal quality and putting it in since it happened while they were cleaning it.

No yelling or acting crazy, they just stood up to their mistake and cleaned it. I will buy something from them in the future for taking care of the issue, even though they created it.

I would still look elsewhere if I was you for future purchases, but don't go nuts on them as you mentioned that you still have jewelry "insured" with them.

The yelling was over with last night, i will say the wife lost her mind last night by the way they treated us. Now its a lets sit back and see what they do to fix the issue. We have an idea of what they are going to do, if it works out we will stay.

Personally I wouldn't go back, even if they do stand up and fix everything there is still the issue of it not being done when promised, and "bob" telling you to come pick it up AFTER business hours.

If they do correct the problem, and it was me, I would politely explain that I'm very thankfull they did what was right but there were to many mistakes made that one right can't abolish them of sin and I would no longer do business with them.

As for the ESP's they have a contract with you, they have to provide quality service for the remainder of the ESP's independence from if you still do new business with them or not. That's just my $.02, you're the only one who stands to loose anything if they didnt so do what you think is best on that. Maybe you could find another stand-up jeweler and explain the situation with the ESP's and work out a deal with somewhere else for service at a discounted rate or maybe get someone to cover existing pieces after a new purchase or something. I mean look at the service they're providing right now, what's to say its not going to be exactly the same next time, even if you do always end up with the same cash value of jewelry every time if your wife has to go threw this mess each time is going back really worth it?

Just like everything else sometimes keeping the wife happy, or keeping her from getting fucked over (hey is she's getting fucked somewhere else she's probably not going to feel like fucking you), is worth loosing a couple bucks, or a ESP or whatever other situation you find yourself in.

This is more along the lines of what I meant. I should have made note that it should be just a calm conversation. Either way, thats beside the point now. I'm glad they got back with you and are working to fix the situation, I hope everything works out well.

Edit: Customer care said they have done all they will do and that we are blowing this out of proportion..

We ended up trading the ring in because they said "we dont recommend having an amethyst as a gem you wear daily". Then why the fuck did you custom make this for me you ass hat?

So now they have profited another $100.00 off of me because she had to find another ring she liked. Yet they are not willing to cover the difference. Were not talking about just some ring. Now my wife doesnt have the ring she was married with. After this is all said and done i will never take my business back to jared. I would suggest you never step foot in a jared as well. If they are willing to turn their back on an 8 year long loyal relationship then imagine how they treat one time customers.