Mid-Ohio HPDE / Lapping Day Confirmed!

theweiser1

I need a new battery for my GoPro. I got the entire parade session, forgot to record the drowned session, and only got half of the damp session. I was unable to get any of the dry sessions. :(

I also got turned on to an Android App called Race Chrono. I'm not sure if it'll work on every phone because it apparently samples the GPS at 10Hz. But you can create your own sectors and it will give you color coded sector times, lap times, and even put together your ideal lap time. Also you can review your laps and get data from any point on the course. Pretty cool

Unfortunately, I didn't ahve an opportunity to set it up. So yeah, I got nothing to show for the trip. :p

I really want to go again. I just have to resist the urge to prep the car for it too much.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry that I just saw this! I never checked the tread again after Friday. I would have made time for you yesterday. Sorry man.

Well we kind of had that with the three of us. It was you, Draco and myself over in that corner.

It was good times for sure. It felt a little disorganized in the beginning but I believe that rain was a major contributor to that.

Did anyone happen to get pictures from the S2000 that wadded it up on the back strait? And does anyone know who had the 06 or 07 WRX TR with a Brembo swap done?

^^ This guy's a fantastic instructor.

Thanks again for your advice. The final session I was able to keep in touch with a FR-S that was much better prepped than my car.

Well we kind of had that with the three of us. It was you, Draco and myself over in that corner.

I said hi to Draco but never knew you guys were also CR members...feel like an ASS now sorry...we were the yellow 911 and silver RX-7 (smokey) parked right near you guys too so we really did have a bit of a CR corral over there.

I also got turned on to an Android App called Race Chrono. I'm not sure if it'll work on every phone because it apparently samples the GPS at 10Hz. But you can create your own sectors and it will give you color coded sector times, lap times, and even put together your ideal lap time. Also you can review your laps and get data from any point on the course. Pretty cool

I've had good luck with Trackmaster, if your phone doesn't have 10Hz GPS (like mine) you can get a bluetooth module for something like $40. Unfortunately I forgot to load the Mid-Ohio sectors onto my Android device, and I don't have a working Android phone, so I was SOL as well.

I said hi to Draco but never knew you guys were also CR members...feel like an ASS now sorry...we were the yellow 911 and silver RX-7 (smokey) parked right near you guys too so we really did have a bit of a CR corral over there.

Dammit, I had no idea that was Draco (or you) either, and I also feel like an ass now.

I know these videos can be pretty boring without any antics or hijinks, but here's my last four laps of the day. I think my last time out I was generally running in the 1:51-1:52 range on crappier tires, so I'm pretty happy with the improvement on the Toyos despite having a passenger.

No traffic at that point except for some kid driving way too fast (for a Miata) that I had to show up :)

Still going through everything while trying to look like I'm working...

Very well driven here BTW. All the proper elements for driving MO well displayed in this video

LOL.. Next time something there's an event like this, everyone that's going needs to post a picture of the car they're bringing. :)

It's in my signature. It just looks a lot crappier in person. Hahahahaha.

Ill try to chop up some video and post it when possible. Not sure if I want to show the interaction with the CTS-V as it was borderline inappropriate on all accounts. I seemed to also catch some melee all around where I was running with one of the Auto Interests guys in a Civic that went a little hot and went all 4 off

^^ This guy's a fantastic instructor.

Thanks again for your advice. The final session I was able to keep in touch with a FR-S that was much better prepped than my car.

Thanks, I’m blushing :)!

It’s a BLAST to instruct when you’re at the level your at, as all I was doing was fine tuning when we were out there. And when you nail corner, it’s such a great feeling.

Also regardless of who you run with next time make sure you sign up for the intermediate group. That is where you need to be.

No shit, I was in the Blue STi that passed you on the freeway going home. That rain SUCKED! Visibility dropped to like 35 feet. But next time we need to post a picture as Draco said or something. Its too damn funny we’re all within 20 yards of each other and didn’t know it!

Thanks again to all CR members that came to the event yesterday! I was co-organizing the event with Jason from AutoInterests however I was mostly on the marketing side. We learned a lot from this event and have some work to do with organizing events at Mid Ohio. There were a few reasons why the morning felt disorganized and we are going to correct those for the next event. I won't go into details but I felt it as well and talked to others who felt the same way.

I ran with the intermediate group and had issues with drivers not pointing by. I'm not sure if any of the other groups had this problem but i feel we could have done a better job correcting this.

That being said, I had an absolute blast! If you ran in the intermediate group i was the blue mustang gt that was being being lapped every session in the morning :p I have worn NT01's and in the monsoon felt like i was driving on ice. However after lunch I had a ton of fun! I use harry's lap timer for iOS for lap times and managed a 1:54 lap and a few 1:55's. Compared to my morning sessions of 3:00+ minutes per lap :fuckyeah:

I have a lot of video from the intermediate sessions and will post them once i get time to go through them all.

Sorry that I just saw this! I never checked the tread again after Friday. I would have made time for you yesterday. Sorry man.

It was good times for sure. It felt a little disorganized in the beginning but I believe that rain was a major contributor to that.

Did anyone happen to get pictures from the S2000 that wadded it up on the back strait? And does anyone know who had the 06 or 07 WRX TR with a Brembo swap done?

That was my buddy Andrew. He isn't on here

I wanted to get a picture of that S2000 but I figured that'd be pretty rude. That thing was smashed.

I ran with the intermediate group and had issues with drivers not pointing by. I'm not sure if any of the other groups had this problem but i feel we could have done a better job correcting this.

Advanced was fine, but speaking of intermediate....

I don't know if anyone knows who that guy was but that was a frustrating couple of laps, even from the passenger seat.

Dear god get that video up!! I want to :lol: hard at Aaron!

:lolguy:

No prob man.

Making a sig for Aaron now.

http://i.imgflip.com/1xifu.gif

I was just giving you a quick preview for the rest of the day, my tail lights. :gabe:

No prob man.

I was just giving you a quick preview for the rest of the day, my tail lights. :gabe:

If only it had stayed wet. I'm the foreveraloner wishing that still.

Oh dang, that's a scary place to go off.

Actually it's one of the few with ample run off. Didn't even hit the sand. Maybe 10feet into the grass.

Typical AWD guy, thinks he can just plow through any corner at any speed in any condition.

:gabe:

:fuckyeah:

I wanted to get a picture of that S2000 but I figured that'd be pretty rude.

Thank you. I couldn't believe how many people were taking pictures of that poor guys car. It's an unwritten rule you can look but photos are a no no, posting photos of someone's wreck without permission is the ultimate wrong.

Thank you. I couldn't believe how many people were taking pictures of that poor guys car. It's an unwritten rule you can look but photos are a no no, posting photos of someone's wreck without permission is the ultimate wrong.

AGREED. You can even call your buddy and while on the phone say you're standing in front of a S2000 that someone beefed (although I still don't recommend), but there is nothing worse than going up and taking cell phone pics to post on fakebook.

for the most part people in the advanced group were good on pointing. Had a couple of miatas that were slow to do so, but I also give them a bit of slack because they do have a lot of cars that catch them down the straights and then park in the corners.

This gentleman in the CTS-V I've been at track days before with and he doesn't really like to point by, and really likes to show how fast his car is down the straight...which it is. I don't think my car is a slouch but I get straight walked down the back straight by this guy.

DISCLAIMER: do not drive in this manner at a HPDE, I only put some pressure on this guy because I swear he must enjoy it as it's the only way he'll let me past.

I was along the fence too. I could see Andy, Aaron, and Chris from where

I parked.

I used Trackmaster with my GS3 laying in cup holder. It seemed to work

fine for lap times. I wish I could have hear or seen my times as they were happening though.

I didn't have a problem getting a point by from him.

I was an ass and took a ninja photo of the s2000 from distance. I can post but after further reading I believe I'd be "that guy". Edited by Jwheel
Had no idea I was being an ass