95 0lds 88 clunking noise in front end.

pontiacfreak142

the noise started about 2 days ago as i backed out of my driveway. i backed out and turned the wheel to the right, and as i turned it back to the left i herd a clunk sound sound from the drivers side. as i went to make a right turn just up the street, mid turn i heard the same clunking over and over again while in the turn. i drove it back home and left it till i got a chance to check it out.

after looking under the car, i noticed the driver side sway bar end link pin was trashed, so i replaced it, but it is still happening and even sounds worse at times. any idea what this could be? looking around online ive seen a couple mentions of cv joint.

Any drivability issues?

I've experienced symptoms similar to yours before, ended up being a bolt/nut that secured the rack and pinion had broken loose, causing the rack to smack the subframe when torqued/turning.

Jack it up and have someone turn the wheel back and forth, should help you narrow down where the sound is coming from.

Any drivability issues?

I've experienced symptoms similar to yours before, ended up being a bolt/nut that secured the rack and pinion had broken loose, causing the rack to smack the subframe when torqued/turning.

Jack it up and have someone turn the wheel back and forth, should help you narrow down where the sound is coming from.

not really, just noises it seems to be. hopefully, but the noise doesnt seem to happen until its under load (gas pedal). i also checked the engine cradle bolts last night as ive had that happen with similar noise, but they are all still there and see no cracks in it either. so i guess ill check the rack bolts next.