New FRS/BRZ record. 600+hp.

Draco-REX

Nice.. Curious how reliable it is

As above, nearly 200 runs. Accelerated Performance's car is over 400whp (500+ crank hp) and is daily driven.

Screw the supercharger...go for the turbo. :thumbup:

I'd rather the lower, but flat, torque curve of the twin screw rather than constantly climbing the hill of this curve. I have two turbo cars, time for something else. I haven't had a supercharged car yet.

600hp on the OEM tires size would be redic. They're what, 215s? How much rubber can you squeeze back there.

Keep the power curve in mind.

I would guess 40 mph cruising in third gear would be around 4000 RPM (which is still an anemic 200whp). The car would be moving 85+mph (in 3rd) by the time it was actually making 600 whp.

If you can't tell, I'm far from impressed by that curve. Makes for a nice dyno queen I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would guess 40 mph cruising in third gear would be around 4000 RPM (which is still an anemic 200whp). The car would be moving 85+mph (in 3rd) by the time it was actually making 600 whp.

If you can't tell, I'm far from impressed by that curve. Makes for a nice dyno queen I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And a tip of the hat to you...nice breakdown.

600hp on the OEM tires size would be redic. They're what, 215s? How much rubber can you squeeze back there.

Econo tires too, so actual tread width is similar to a 195. Yeah, better tires would be a must. With the right offset, you can just about squeeze a 275 under the rear fenders.

People like big numbers.

People like big numbers.

I agree, and I'm not downplaying the achievement that it is. Just pointing out it's impracticality in a street setup. (and in some cases even a track setup)

It reminds me of Dynoflash Al's Evo back in the day. Anyone familiar with the car will remember how he made 1000whp on some ridiculous large turbo ( I say ridiculous in relation to the displacement of the motor). Buschur was running 9.1 ETs with 200 less HP and his car weighed a few hundred more pounds. So everyone assumed Al would run deep 8s. The truth of the matter was that he couldn't keep the car in power. It's average HP was less than the Buschur car, and after many failed attempts at the track and the car becoming useless on the street, Dynoflash disappeared from the Evo scene.

I agree, and I'm not downplaying the achievement that it is. Just pointing out it's impracticality in a street setup. (and in some cases even a track setup)

It reminds me of Dynoflash Al's Evo back in the day. Anyone familiar with the car will remember how he made 1000whp on some ridiculous large turbo ( I say ridiculous in relation to the displacement of the motor). Buschur was running 9.1 ETs with 200 less HP and his car weighed a few hundred more pounds. So everyone assumed Al would run deep 8s. The truth of the matter was that he couldn't keep the car in power. It's average HP was less than the Buschur car, and after many failed attempts at the track and the car becoming useless on the street, Dynoflash disappeared from the Evo scene.

Preaching to the choir here. This turbo kit would be a PITA to work with in anything but a roll race.