Need Riding Glasses Advice

KillJoy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my brother got me a pair of the oakley M jacket sunglasses. he was in the army (iraq too) and I guess they are the same shades for military peeps. they have tinted lens and clear lens so it's easy to swap out. I wear them under my helmet (full face) and they are mucho light and don't block anything since they only have frame at the top portion.

http://oakley.com/custom/mframe

I'm all for doing w/e you want. So don't take this the wrong way, but I hate wearing seatbelts, but I do it anyways because I know it's for my own good. I'm just wanting to make an analogy of what it's like to say a full face is uncomfortable.

I understand the concern, and appreciate it.

You should get my Full Face Helmet painted Black Satin cuz you are such a concerned individual ;)

KillJoy

Originally Posted by Artmageddon viewpost.gif

I always use the strap on when I'm on the highway

I'm all for doing w/e you want. So don't take this the wrong way, but I hate wearing seatbelts, but I do it anyways because I know it's for my own good. I'm just wanting to make an analogy of what it's like to say a full face is uncomfortable.

LOL this statement is hilarious after reading the quote from Artmageddon. :lol: I'm sorry, my brain is totally in the gutter tonight. :D

I picked up a set of THESE this evening. I hope they work out for me.

KillJoy

PS - I AM considering picking up a Full Face Helmet for longer / Freeway trips.

Good to hear you are starting to consider a helmet. You didn't buy these from pony tonight? I remember seeing a guy looking at these later in the day at the store before I left.

Good to hear you are starting to consider a helmet. You didn't buy these from pony tonight? I remember seeing a guy looking at these later in the day at the store before I left.

I have this Half Helmet. I am just concerned about "lift"! I am not sure how much air will get stuck in it :( I might just end up picking up one of the HJC Matte Black ones, and removing the damn stickers....

I was there about 5:30. I briefly looked at the helmets, then jackets and finally glasses. That chick at the register was kind of cute :D

KillJoy

If you dont wear a helmet, you are a retard and I will have zero sympathy if you get hurt or killed. If you were a noob I would give you some slack for not knowing any better but an experienced rider without a helmet is a idiot. Sorry but thats just the way I feel.

If you dont wear a helmet, you are a retard and I will have zero sympathy if you get hurt or killed. If you were a noob I would give you some slack for not knowing any better but an experienced rider without a helmet is a idiot. Sorry but thats just the way I feel.

Did you miss the part of me having a Half Helmet?

:confused:

KillJoy

I helped a woman from my work back in 2004 follow me around slowly in the countryside so she can get some seat time and not be alone. Her face was COVERED with bugs sticking to her! It was nasty. She instantly said, I need a full face helmet like you, this is gross. :lol:

:lol:

Reminds me of "My, Myself and Irene"

• 2 weeks later...

Panoptx is now 7-eye, so the Panoptx selection at Iron Pony are just the leftover stock that still have the Panoptx stamp on them. The selection of the leftovers are crappy at best. Check out THIS WEBSITE for the latest and greatest. They actually let you try before you buy. I have the Panoptx Charuda w/removable eye cups. When I ride w/my halfie ( rarely) I pop the eye cups into my pocket when I get to my destination. They have transition lenses, so you can wear them day or night. I use them w/o the eye cups while wearing my modular, keeps crap from flying in your eyes when you flip up the face shield on the go for a bit more air.

• 1 month later...

I didn't read through this whole thread, but this page had lots of info about helmets and helmet laws....I would love to know from those of you who do NOT want Ohio to adopt a helmet law for all riders....why not? This is not meant to be an interrogation, I'm just curious as to your reasoning for why people should NOT wear helmets when riding

Even glasses that are suppose to be riding glasses do that, you have to try pair after pair to get them right. The key is the sides and front inbetween the eyes have to be closed with no holes !! good luck !!