Bike intake?

Hahn

So i just ordered some Vance & Hines staggered short shots (black) and the programmer for my Harley 48. Now im looking for an air cleaner to go with. Ive had my eye on the Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather (black), but its $300. Any other air cleaners i have seen just dont do it for me and some other i like are even more expensive than the SE. My question is, is it possible to make your own air cleaner like the SE (90 degree bend and filter) or is there more to it (electronics of any sort, etc). Might be a stupid question but its my first bike so im learning as i go. Thanks in advance fellas.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448772611&default=none

I would research on the HDforums and see which combo actually makes power. Seems a lot of those are more bling than go so proceed with caution if you want any real performance.

The figure machine claims 8-10hp gain. Seems all are about that give or take, so yea, it does come down to what "looks good" on the bike as well.