Diet and Nutrition Information

wagner

I am looking for some guidance/experience with diet and nutrition for weight loss. What I am looking for are some links or information people have actually used here locally to drop weight and keep it off. Trying to search this myself I ran into lots of fad diets and just so much information from anonymous “experts” it made my head spin.

Thats so weird, I was literally about to post a thread on the exact same topic. I lost 50 lbs last year, I want to lose 60 this year. I joined a gym recently after plateauing with my own efforts, but I want to give myself every advantage that I can.

Easy Weightloss = Calories consumed < Calories needed.

There are some calculators out there that will help you determine your daily required calorie intake. http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Ive been playing around with this lately. For one i stopped drinking massive amounts of beer. I also stopped eating large meals less than 4 hours before bed. Lost 8 lbs doing nothing differently than eating slightly less.

do you have a smartphone? Lose It! app is freaking awesome, has a lot of mainstream restaurants' meals programmed in and you can punch in portion sizes of what you're eating at home and it'll do a pretty good job calculating.

It also will help you with your goals; you can input your current weight, your target weight, and the target date, and it'll give you a daily calorie allowance to help you reach your goals, as well as taking into account exercise.

http://www.loseit.com/

I've been slacking lately, but it helped me lose (and keep off) 15lbs in a month just in monitoring my diet.

EDIT: Someone already posted it, but it's all about calories. Start keeping a food journal, which lose it! can help with, just to see how many calories you're consuming a day. Lets say you're consuming 3000 (what I was at my worst). Just start by dropping 10%. So for 2 weeks, don't consume more than 2700. 2500 is what I did. It really is quite easy to change what you eat to knock that little bit off, and it will gradually change your eating habits to accept less intake. You will be amazed how easy it is to lose it, its more about keeping it off.

The Cut Diet: It is a pre-contest BB regimen.

http://www.scivationbooks.com/gameover.htm

Clifs: Chicken and broccoli and nuts (or natural PB) 6 times a day, a glycogen refeed every 18th meal using complex carbs.

It's a ketogenic diet so your body switches it's metabolic processes from burning carbohydrates to fat (and protein).

I've done it a few times before when I've gotten too squishy and it's worked easily every time even though I am far from a BB.

Edit: I'm ~4 weeks in right now. Since I've been vegan for 18 months the combination of creatine, the blast of protein, and the fact that I'm lifting again has actually increased my overall muscle mass and density while decreasing fat. While I'm only down about 8lbs, my body looks completely different. My weakly vegan muscles struggled to bench 135lbs more than a handful of times, My 1RM is now up to 300... Boom.

Exercise and cut your calories and carbs. Pretty basic, but most people won't even do that.

I understand this and have been working out. I am looking for some diet stuff that is not some fad BS or the other crap that is out there.

I have been working on how much water I drink while at work and am almost at a gallon a day.

I understand this and have been working out. I am looking for some diet stuff that is not some fad BS or the other crap that is out there.

I have been working on how much water I drink while at work and am almost at a gallon a day.

What's your workout split and what workouts are you doing? Take measurements of yourself, waist, arms, weight. (This will help you set goals). Limit eating out and cook your own food.

yep can't lose weight just typing about it. I just bought a bike and cut out the weekday beers. Once the weather warms up a bit I'll be out pedaling around. It's better than nothing..

Bingo. This is my 3rd full week at the gym and my body is still not happy about being this active again. I am trying to do something everyday through lifting or cardio.

Wags its really simple. There are a few calculators out there that will give you your protein, fats and carbs. If u wanna loose then a 500 calorie deficit is what you need. To simplify that, just eat clean, portions about the size of your palm for a carb and a protein about 6-8 times a day. Eat about every 2 or 3 hours. Dont eat any carbs for your last meal of the day. Ypu also need to include some healthy fats. Your body is a furnace and if your not fueling it, then it will not burn as hot and your metabolism will slow down. You gotta keep it burning hot to keep burning fat.

Protein:

Lean meats

Chicken

Fish

Egg whites

Tuna

Shrimp

Carbs:

Brown rice

Whole wheat bread

Whole grain pasta

Sweet potatoes

Jelly

Fruit

Fats:

Egg yokes

Cottage cheese

Cheese

Peanut butter

Nuts (almonds)

Olive oil

Wags its really simple. There are a few calculators out there that will give you your protein, fats and carbs. If u wanna loose then a 500 calorie deficit is what you need. To simplify that, just eat clean, portions about the size of your palm for a carb and a protein about 6-8 times a day. Ypu also need to include some healthy fats. Your body is a furnace and if your not fueling it, then it will not burn as hot and your metabolism will slow down. You gotta keep it burning hot to keep burning fat.

Protein:

Lean meats

Chicken

Fish

Egg whites

Tuna

Shrimp

Carbs:

Brown rice

Whole wheat bread

Whole grain pasta

Sweet potatoes

Jelly

Fruit

Fats:

Egg yokes

Cottage cheese

Cheese

Peanut butter

Nuts (almonds)

Olive oil

Now this is the kind of info I was looking for....

I used Lose It after I put on about 40lbs my freshman year of college at Dayton, and it helped me to take off 25lbs in the first summer after school, and I took off another 8 the following winter/spring. Just maintain a steady calorie intake, exercise at least 30 to 60 minutes a day (I do ~90) and you should be losing pounds pretty quickly.

You can also add about a cup of broccoli in with any of these meals. You can also eat a salad with one of your meals 1 cup of lettuce, 1 tbsp of olive oil 1 tbsp of vinegar.

Where do you get all this diet, food, and other info? I need to start looking up what to cook, how to cook it and all that fun stuff.

Where do you get all this diet, food, and other info? I need to start looking up what to cook, how to cook it and all that fun stuff.

I have just been doing it for a long time and have kinda learned over the years from doing various workout programs and lots of reading. Bodybuilding.com is a really good source. They have a bunch of good diets. Pm me if you ned some help. I can help you put something together. Once you figure out what is healthy to eat and portion sizes for what your trying to achieve , you can kinda come up with your own diets.