Black Lambo Loses It

2011SVT

Yup, A buddy of mine. He disconnected his front drive shaft at the advice of CTD to make it RWD......apparently not a good idea. He is unhurt, but he ego is bruised. He is a good guy but cold tires got the best of him.

I don't know how I feel about that comment. Who are you noting as liable?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millions of dollars and years of development went into producing a top-notch performance car with a certain set of specifications. Why people feel the need to mess with success without considering the ramifications and addressing them is beyond me.

For the relatively nominal power gain at the wheels? I don't remember the exact #s but from memory Wiggs' car went from high 500s (58x?) AWD to low 600s (62x?) RWD.

Jeff

For the relatively nominal power gain at the wheels? I don't remember the exact #s but from memory Wiggs' car went from high 500s (58x?) AWD to low 600s (62x?) RWD.

Jeff

It's funny because neither HP amount is totally useable on public roads, and in most cases only a professional driver would be able to push the RWD car noticeably faster around a track.

Too bad. I wonder what the salvage buy-back price will be. :lol:

Tell your friend, not to worry about his pride, even the best have accidents every now and then. Hopefully he learned his lesson on not to take his car to a car with no reputation, or in this case, a shop with a gaining negative reputation. As well as the normal lesson of when/where to get crazy on a public road. At least the damage was limited to his own property.

If someone tells you or recommends you do this, you automatically assume liability by doing so.

I understand that to a point. I am not a lawyer (thank god) but have to wonder how strongly this would hold up in court.

For example, if you told me/recommended me to jump off of my roof and I did, resulting in the breaking of my leg, that you would be liable for my medical bills and pain and suffering?

Or keeping with the car theme...you tell me to turbo my car as opposed to S/C and I blow my engine at the track... will you be writing me a check for a rebuild?

Either way I would have to assume CTD has a hold harmless agreement or liability waiver that their customers would sign. If not, I hope your friend owns his shop :cool:

-Marc

I don't understand why converting it to rwd makes it an instant death trap, there are other rwd cars in the world.. I mean unless the conversion specifically on a lambo is something that does make them super unsafe?

Exactly. I'm sure they may've advised him to do it but told him it was at his own risk and cost. The fact anyone would even question if it were CTD's fault completely disgusts me and hopefully people can understand why or I give up all hope. lol

It's crazy how people behave. There are so many things you wouldn't just jump into given little to no experience. You don't decide to fly and immediately jump into a jumbo jet and scream, "I'm a pro!", then promptly crash it. You don't decide, I got into a fight once in middle school so I'm heading directly to the championship fight in the UFC!

Or, maybe you do and you get lucky somehow and do get to "jump ahead". Well, when it inevitably all collapses in on itself like so much dying star, you'd better take f'n responsibility for yourself.

I don't know the exact situation of the gentelman who was unlucky enough to wreck his exotic (no matter the mods). But it made me think about what I commented on.

Too bad. I wonder what the salvage buy-back price will be. :lol:

Tell your friend, not to worry about his pride, even the best have accidents every now and then. Hopefully he learned his lesson on not to take his car to a car with no reputation, or in this case, a shop with a gaining negative reputation. As well as the normal lesson of when/where to get crazy on a public road. At least the damage was limited to his own property.

Are you calling yourself the best? :dumb:

I am definitely one that learned that lesson the hard way...

And yes, I am the best. Pretty much the best I know of...

The best my dick. I challenge you any day......and day....Dayton FTW damn non driving Cincy boy.

Kinda what I was thinking. Also, maybe the owners get brave with the AWD not knowing the car is taking care of most of their hooning, then go to RWD and try the same stuff thinking they can handle it.

I think we have a winner here.

Either way I would have to assume CTD has a hold harmless agreement or liability waiver that their customers would sign.

Regardless this seems, from what little we know, to have happened from driver error. It would be another story if something that CTD broke then caused this wreck. I really think a form filled out shouldn't effect the legalities of the situation too much. But I'm sure CTD would be in much better shape if something like this were to go to court if they had a hold harmless waver.

All of the TCS/AYC settings are going to be based on the vehicle characteristics of it being AWD. At the very least that system wouldn't work the way it's intended and would/could cause the system to not be able to keep the car in check/stable when someones right foot goes too far.

Saying CTD is liable here is akin to holding someone liable for your speeding ticket because they installed a turbocharger on your car. CTD didn't push this driver's foot to the ground. He'll be found at fault for the accident and hopefully learn a lesson from it all. Definitely could've been worse.