Roads in/ around hocking.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/oh_buckeye.html

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/oh_central.html

This website has been redone into a much more graphic format.

Click on the roads on the map, for details. Or on the list on the right.

The Red ones are the twisties. Blue is sweepers, Green is scenic. Brown is unpaved.

Before you go, post up and get current rider reports from those that have been there recently.

My favorite seems to be 78 right now. I need to ride it from one end to the other, and back again.

The roads around Coshocton seem to be in much better condition than some of the roads down South. Some of the smaller (narrower) 3 digit roads have poorly marked corners that have reducing radius turns, often breaking uphill or downhill. These are where the accidents happen. 78 is ok, it's a bigger better road, nice and clean, even now. Even so, some parts of it can be spooky the first time. Most of the 3 digit roads, it's best to let a local or experienced rider, (or other joker of your choice) lead through them first.

Edit: the map for 664 is goofed up when you click for details, so I assume some of the other road maps are laid out wrong also.

Edited by ReconRat
data

This is sort of my standby route that I ride whenever I feel like hitting some twisties without exploring new roads:

Start in Logan, take 93 south to Ilesboro Road

Bear right onto Ilesboro road, follow it to 374

Left on 374, follow it to 56

Left on 56, take it to 93

Right on 93, follow it to Rt 50 in McArthur

Follow 50 West to Prattsville, take 278 north all the way to Nelsonville

From Nelsonville take 78 north to McConnelsville

Take 60 out of McConnelsville to Zanesville

70 West back to Columbus

It's not the most technical route, but it's really fun; especially the first part of 93, the majority of 278, and all of 78. It gets a little boring heading north to Zanesville from McConnelsville, but the scenery is nice along the river.

I'm pretty sure you can hit 555 from this route, but I havn't taken it myself so I really can't list it in this route yet.

664 to South bloomingville then left on 56 into Athens is a good starter route. Just watch out for the Stateies on 33. Theres lots of em.

Thompson ridge rd out of Laurelville is a good one too. Watch for gravel on this one tho.

Edited by max power

Ok, if you want to hit 78 to get there, take 78 to Nelsonville, north a bit on 33, to 278. Take that to 56, then West/North to 664. Slow it down past both Ash Cave on 56 and Hocking Hills on 664. Very low speed limit with bunches of pedestrians and cars on the road pulling in and out. (Parking on one side of the road, everything else on the other. People walking across the road everywhere.) There might be a ton of cager traffic in the way anyway. Especially on 664 between Logan and Hocking Hills state park. That's a decent ride. And if you go just past the 664 when on 56 at South Bloomingville, you find Jimbo's. Stop and eat biker food.

Jimbo's Bar & Diner‎ - more info »

23356 State Route 56, S Bloomingville, OH‎ - (740) 332-6550

This is a typical bike loop and will have a ton of bikes on it.

Actually, 56 is sometimes so much fun, I turn around and do it again.

Alternate is to continue on 56 out of South Bloomingville to 180 to 374 and find your way over to 664.

Be aware that 374 is a funky but fun road with some gravel and sand, and it goes past Cantwell Cliffs state park. There's two corners on 374 where bikes tend to go down. You can skip 374 and take 180 all the way back to 33 instead.

Dang... now I want to go wit...

edit: BTW, I've never heard of a bike going down going this direction, it's always the other way. Funny that...

Edited by ReconRat
one little tiny typo

i gotta work at 3. so ill only be out till like 230. ron will get off work when i get into work so he'll prolly be riding after wards with u guys

Alright cool, what time are you gunna hit the road? I personally wouldn't mind skipping the Pony event and just riding all day...standing around in the sun in full [black] leathers doesn't sound terribly appealing lol. If you're heading out sometime in the morning I'm game.