Mustang owner in Mount Vernon

Bloodember

Hi, I'm Adam

I live in Mount Vernon and have a 1990 Mustang LX that I have started to do a restoration and engine swap on.

This is my first restoration that I have done myself. When I was 16 My dad and I bought an 82 Mustang and restored it using two other Mustangs as donor cars, it took us about a year to do since I was paying for the majority of it. I don't have any pictures of that Mustang though, wish I did.

My current Mustang as I said is a 1990 LX and right now it has a 2.3L 4 Cylinder in it.

Here it is Thursday before I started the tear down.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7325/8931839351_37a6b945af.jpg

My goal for this car is around 650 rwhp. I already have a 351w engine, that I want to stroke out to 408 and turbocharge it. Its mainly going to be a toy to drive and I also want to try drag racing with it also.

Here is my build list I made for the motor, not sure if everything is right yet though, if you have any feedback of any kind, I'm all ears. The motor I have is a '95 351w from an F150, so I'm pretty sure everything needs changed, but since I'm stroking it, I'm doing that anyways. Also I'm thinking of having it bored .040 over.

Turbo: On3Performance 5.8L Turbo Kit (not sure about this yet, I've heard the turbo on it is too small for a 408)

Under Drive Pulley System: March Performance Power and Amp Pulley Kit

Heads: Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Track Heat 205

Push Rods: Edelbrock Hardened Steel Pushrods - 5/16 dia, 7.634 in. Length

Rocker Arms: Scorpion Race Series part no: SCP1021BL

Camshaft: Trick Flow Track Max Hydraulic Roller 51403002 (not sure on this)

Pistons: Trick Flow Forged Pistons for the 514 Cylinder Heads, .040 over

Piston Rings: Mahle Performance Piston Rings - 4040MS

Crankshaft: Ohio Crankshaft 4.00 Stroke part no: 43514000 (this is forged)

Connecting Rods: BBC 6.2 In. I-Beam Street and Strip Forged 4340

All Bearings: Sealed Power Competition Series

Oil Pan: Summit Racing Package- comes with a 7 qt pan, oil pump, drive shaft and all hardware. Part no: CMB-08-0058

Timing Chain: Trick Flow Billet Steel Timing Chain Set

Harmonic Damper and Counter: Trick Flow Track Max and counter weight 28 oz. ( not sure if this is right or if I should go neutral)

Intake Manifold: Trick Flow R-Series upper and lower with 90mm upper

Fuel Injectors: Trick Flow 80 lbs EV6 - TFS-89980

Distributor: MSD 8451 Pro-Billet Ready to Run

Mass Air Meter: Abacco Fully Adjustable 85MM

Starter: FRPP High Torque starter 157 tooth flywheel

Fuel Tank system: Glenns Performance 1000hp Sleep Tank Fuel system (this is everything you need up to the rails)

Fuel Rails: Accel DFI Extruded Fuel Rail Kit (not sure about this)

Engine Management System: WMS/SDS Injection System from wmsracing.com - this is made for the 351w engine

Wide Band: AEM Wideband sensor and gauge kit part: 304100

These are the major parts I am thinking of using.

For the rest of the car I'm thinking of a Tremec T-56 Transmission, full Coil over kit from UPR with Strange shocks and struts, UPR K-Member, and UPR non adjustable A-Arms. The rear I already have, I have an 8.8 housing and the parts I have are a FRPP Cobra Traction Loc Dif 31 Spline with 3.73 Gears, Moser Axles with SN95 Flanges and 5 lugs. I also have upper and lower tubular control arms from Yates Performance. The front will be 5 lug as well, spindles will probably be from a 94-95 Mustang.

For the brakes I want to do a full disc brake conversion, just not sure how I want to do it yet.

I also have a UPR Torque box kit for the upper and lowers and Competition Engineering Frame Connectors to stiffen up the chassis. I have alot of other stuff I have written down that I'm thinking of doing to the Mustang also, if anyone wants to know I'll be glad to list them.

The reason I joined is because Spool 1G told me about the site and that I should join because there are people on here that would be happy to help and or answer any questions that I may have. Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 3

Thanks, some of the plans keep changing though, but the major parts I believe are set, unless someone sees something I don't and has advice. I've only lived here about 18 months now, just had some Pizza from Dirkos the other day, great pizza, just a little pricey.