DURAMAX Cognito 7" Lift Kit install

Benner

I don't understand the lifted duramax's, doesn't those lift kits kill the ability to pull any trailers(car hauler, skid steers loaders/etc). I use my duramax to pull my trailers and to plow.

that's exactly why I don't lift mine. I have the 5th wheel and don't want to raise the 5th wheel. Between the pin box and the hitch there's some adjustment there but not a whole ton.

that's exactly why I don't lift mine. I have the 5th wheel and don't want to raise the 5th wheel. Between the pin box and the hitch there's some adjustment there but not a whole ton.

Usually with lifted trucks like in this thread, you can get a gooseneck or fifth wheel hooked up, but almost always the balance is off on both the truck and the trailer. Front end of the truck sitting sky high and most of the weight on the trailer's rear axle. It's not a good setup.

Usually with lifted trucks like in this thread, you can get a gooseneck or fifth wheel hooked up, but almost always the balance is off on both the truck and the trailer. Front end of the truck sitting sky high and most of the weight on the trailer's rear axle. It's not a good setup.

right....I would love to lift my truck but the reward isn't even close to the risk. The 2500's are shitty trucks for the mud anyhow. I have to go through some rough stuff to get back to some of my tree stands and the 2500 just sinks right to the bottom. I love my truck but it's a hauler....not a mudder.

Tim's and brian's trucks are the only ones that look good in this thread. The batmobile one looks better than the first though, but they both are basically a riced out version of a truck.