Things that cost $$$ but bring no extra joy...

TTQ B4U

Many of the things that cost $$ and bring no joy are associated with owning a home. Fuck, I hate spending money on shit that's no fun.

Today's purchase, $575 on a Honda Mower Hoorah...now I can mow my yard still..... :jerkit: Yeah, it's nice for a mower, but yard work still sucks.

Driveway - putting it off but will likely do next year.

What are some of yours?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you dont find home improvement projects fun you aren't right as a man

I enjoy home improvement projects...but I have a love for writing checks vs actually doing the work. Call me crazy but I enjoy upwards of 12 weeks of vacation per year and would much rather be on the beach while my new floors are going in than actually doing them myself.

If you're not taking joy in your learning, might I suggest you're not doing it right?

I should have added in a few more words..I'm taking joy in the education and learning new things, but having to write a check close to 5 figures every 5-6 months is the not so joyful part. But now that I'm thinking about it, possibly the joy is knowing I won't have to pay back loans like some other people will lol.

Another classic Doc burn.

BRB. Calling on taxpayers to wipe my ass and support me through school. I'm sure you won't mind knowing that I would spend your tax dollars you are giving me with your paycheck on beer and car parts, would you? :dumb: And here all along I thought one IMS2 was enough?

Speeding tickets.

Also, fixing shit that breaks on my house, for instance I have to tear down most of my basement and re-do it because the douche before me did such a poor job, and in the next 5 years it's going to need a new roof.

Many of the things that cost $$ and bring no joy are associated with owning a home. Fuck, I hate spending money on shit that's no fun.

Today's purchase, $575 on a Honda Mower Hoorah...now I can mow my yard still..... :jerkit: Yeah, it's nice for a mower, but yard work still sucks.

Driveway - putting it off but will likely do next year.

What are some of yours?

The older you get the longer this list gets. I don't sweat it too much. It's just a part of life. I spend money on way more un-fun stuff than fun. Just gotta hopefully be able to mix some fun things in there. Go price a nice riding mower & then consider yourself lucky for getting off for $500. There's a reason I've basically rebuilt my mine 10 times.

Just got out from under the house replacing the HVAC blower motor.

Keeping this old HVAC unit alive for another year hopefully.

I HATE when people put furnaces/air handlers in crawl spaces. Makes my job a pain in the ass.

I can get H-VAC equipment and install it at a good price