What is a chromebook?

wnaplay1647545503

I know it's not like a normal laptop and doesn't seem to have a machine based application so what is it typically used for? Need to buy 1 maybe 2 laptops and don't know if these are a good choice. One would be for the kids schoolwork,games like minecraft, the other would be for the wife at the shop when she often needs to resize pics and other things she finds online. The price seems reasonable but from my uneducated standpoint it seems similar to an iPad/tablet in a laptop case.

waste of money

This

I would pass for productivity use.

This

Consider it a web browsing appliance, nothing more.

and this.

A chromebook is basically a chome internet browser turned operating system. What you see is what you get. Would not buy.

Also, no longer interested in tires. sry.

I've had a few of these in at my work, and have had to describe them to a multitude of customers.

The best I can say is, if you can score a used new one under $250, you're getting a pretty good bargain for a good portable internet machine. If you dont do more than email, writing, and even some intensive web browsing, they are fairly good machines for the money. FAR better than windows based netbooks for similar purposes.