Help Finding a New Restauraunt

KennyFKINPowerz

So the wife and I are kidless Friday and we are trying to find a new restauraunt. Dont really have a food choice in mind. Just kind of tired of the same old stuff. Post up some of your favorite restauraunts, what kind of food they serve and any recomendations please.

Fiancé and I went to texas de brazil in Easton last Friday. I was highly disappointed in this place. I've done fogo de chao in Chicago and a really nice Brazilian steakhouse in manhattan and the place in Easton is like a cheap copy. Would not recommend it.

Milestone 229 is always a good meal. Their bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer is really good (but not on the menu, but they will make it for you if you ask).

Also, the wifey and I tried 101 Beer Kitchen on Sawmill for the first time over the weekend. Really enjoyed their food. Jalapeno appetizer was really good.

If your not wanting fancy fancy I love carsonies in Westerville (good Italian and the best Stromboli) Great atmosphere and very affordable.

http://www.carsonies.com/

Or for something different planks has amazong tacos and pizza, little loud but great food

http://www.plankscafe.com/

Scali's maybe you know about it but many don't. Never been less than awesome!

Frank is a good friend of our business, whenever I order lunch on Friday he gives me a freaking giant helping of the Peasant Tortellini which is awesome.

DJ is right on with Skillet, but you need to go early. No reservations, and there's only like 9 tables. As fresh a meal as you'll get in Columbus

I always recommend The Pearl to everyone i talk to. Their raw oyster bar is awesome, and so is their regular menu. Little bit of everything.

I've recently been to Arch City Tavern. Much more of a gastropub style atmosphere than a classy restaurant but their food is fantastic.

If you're looking to travel a bit, Veritas Tavern in Delaware is run by a couple friends of mine. Insanely unique molecular gastronomy, you'll think its idiotic until you taste it. They're masters at what they do.

Came here to mention Barcelona, but it was already mentioned. I will add that you need to sit on the patio for the full experience. Only issue is that they don't do reservations for the patio. First come first served for that. Of course, you can wait at the bar until a table opens :)

Has anyone here ever been to Verdi or Verdi's in the Worthington Hills Shopping Center. Nothing real fancy but the owner makes the food and serves you. The lunch buffet is great. Just a small table with homemade pasta,pizza and stromboli.

Milestone 229 - really cool atmosphere

Due amici -Italian place on gay street, very cool inside

Marcella's - very good neo-Italian in short north

Mellow mushroom - gourmet pizza in Polaris

Fado irish pub in Easton - very good food

Fabians - good deepdish pizza, downtown

If you want to try something different, google columbus alt eats. Websites that reviews different ethnic foods and some of them are worth a try. Figured its a little different than your typical resturants.

This post was lost in the shuffle, but I've eaten a LARGE number of meals based off of this blog. All were delicious. Dabakh is excellent.