Best TV series......(to you)

Putty

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking Bad is a great show and it's done so well in every way.

The Wire is the same IMO.

The big thing for me is that so much of The Wire is based in reality, written from David Simon's experiences riding along with the Baltimore PD. I also love how it tackles 5 different points of view in big ways, one for each season. S1 is about the nuts and bolts of the drug trade, especially the detectives vs. dealers/traffickers. S2 is about how the longshoremen factor in and gives you a slew of new characters. S3 is about how politics factor in, and is IMO the absolute best season of the show. S4 takes you through the schools and how the drug trade starts before kids know they're involved. S5 is I think the most personal to Simon, as it wanders into the Baltimore Sun's offices to give you a glimpse as to how the media affects drug trade and vice versa. It also ties together a lot of the experiences of the former seasons (politics still play a huge role).

Edit: and whoever said TPB, atodaso. I fuckin atodaso.

The Walking Dead is an awful, awful show. Seeing it in so many posts is painful.

Breaking Bad has a chance to go down as the best series ever depending on how these last 3 episodes go. So far this final season has been incredibly good.

Game of Thrones is fantastic.

I've re-watched all 6 seasons of Lost 3 times.

Dexter had 3 really, really good seasons (1, 2 and 4), a couple good ones (5 and 7), 2 terrible ones (3 and 6) and this final season has been a disaster. Clearly rushed and not well thought out. Going to be a shitty end for what was once an amazing show.

Battlestar Galactica(newer series)

Top Gear

The Big Bang Theory

Airwolf(though watching it now I wonder "what was I thinking")

Top Gear isn't so much a TV series as it is a religion.

I forgot to mention Band of Brothers, obviously a miniseries but a must watch/read for everyone.

You can skip the episode titled "The Fly" and you'll be fine. It was terrible, pointless and made me stop watching the show for a year

I completely disagree. IMO it explained so much about Walter White and was one of the most unique single TV episodes I've ever seen.

Current: Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Venture Bros., and (no laughing) Aqua TV Show Show (or whatever it's called this season).

The last one is a horribly stupid stoner show but it makes me laugh and I've never smoked before.

Past: 24, The Office (seasons 1-5), Seinfeld

Pavo

Current: Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Venture Bros., and (no laughing) Aqua TV Show Show (or whatever it's called this season).

The last one is a horribly stupid stoner show but it makes me laugh and I've never smoked before.

Past: 24, The Office (seasons 1-5), Seinfeld

Pavo

Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

If you like Venture Bros and Bob's Burgers, you need to check out Archer.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

If you like Venture Bros and Bob's Burgers, you need to check out Archer.

They've been changing the name of ATHF intentionally the last few seasons. It was Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1, then Aqua Something You know Whatever, and now Aqua TV Show Show. Same exact show. lol...

I keep meaning to watch Archer. I've heard many say it's very funny.

Pavo

Current - Breaking Bad, White Collar, Game of Thrones

Check out The Chicago Code, its on Netflix (or once was anyway). It got cancelled before it really got a chance, but as a result the first season plays out like a mini-series almost. It gets compared to The Wire a lot.

They've been changing the name of ATHF intentionally the last few seasons. It was Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1, then Aqua Something You know Whatever, and now Aqua TV Show Show. Same exact show. lol...

I keep meaning to watch Archer. I've heard many say it's very funny.

Pavo

You have netflix? Archer is instant streaming...