Why is it the poorest people....

Cordell

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm going to stand up for the buster. I don't think he did anything wrong, he just wanted a ballpark number out of curiosity. Perhaps all of you know what the going rate of a car like that is, but I sure don't.

The "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" saying is a bunch of bullshit too. Pretty sure that anything any of us here own, we knew or asked for the price. Bunch of pretentious twats...this thread is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Well I'm going to stand up for the buster. I don't think he did anything wrong, he just wanted a ballpark number out of curiosity. Perhaps all of you know what the going rate of a car like that is, but I sure don't.

The "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" saying is a bunch of bullshit too. Pretty sure that anything any of us here own, we knew or asked for the price. Bunch of pretentious twats...this thread is ridiculous.

I wanted to post this earlier but got busy at work.

X2

I get that it's a faux pas to ask people how much they paid for something in certain situations. "Hi, thanks Mrs. Johnson for the raffle tickets and we'll see you at the fundraiser this Wednesday. By the way, how much did your nose job cost?"

However, I'd think that an automotive-based forum like this would be an acceptable place to ask questions like he did. Isn't that kind of the purpose of this place, where we talk about cars and shit?

I kind of get his curiosity so I partially agree with those sticking up for him, but at the same time I only ask someone how much they paid for something (as politely as possible when I do) if I may be interested in purchasing something similar in the future. I would assume that he (The buster) does not plan on making a similar purchase anytime in the near future.

I kind of get his curiosity so I partially agree with those sticking up for him, but at the same time I only ask someone how much they paid for something (as politely as possible when I do) if I may be interested in purchasing something similar in the future. I would assume that he (The buster) does not plan on making a similar purchase anytime in the near future.

Why do you feel the need to suck everyones dick?

I get that it's a faux pas to ask people how much they paid for something in certain situations. "Hi, thanks Mrs. Johnson for the raffle tickets and we'll see you at the fundraiser this Wednesday. By the way, how much did your nose job cost?"

However, I'd think that an automotive-based forum like this would be an acceptable place to ask questions like he did. Isn't that kind of the purpose of this place, where we talk about cars and shit?

I wonder what build cost on that would be compared to a top fuel car. Anything wrong with that question?

I concur with these posts.

I tend to agree, When it comes to cars especially collector cars or other oddball cars you can't just google the answer too, I think its ok to ask. It's really context. If you randomly met someone at a resturant and they are driving somethign sweet it's not ok to ask. But on a Car Forum I think its ok.

At the same time I think its extremely rude to ask someone what they make or how much there house cost and what not.

I tend to agree, When it comes to cars especially collector cars or other oddball cars you can't just google the answer too, I think its ok to ask. It's really context. If you randomly met someone at a resturant and they are driving somethign sweet it's not ok to ask. But on a Car Forum I think its ok.

At the same time I think its extremely rude to ask someone what they make or how much there house cost and what not.

$140,000k/yr

I just bought a Cougar. Like, as in an attractive older woman that is looking for sex. And a dragster.

I think it is presumptuous to assume that she's looking for sex. It's like my grandpappy always said: "If you have to ask, you'll never get it." He was referencing poon from an attractive older woman.

Why do you feel the need to suck everyones dick?

I stated my opinion that I kind of see where he is coming from, but if I were him I would not have asked. Has nothing to do with anything anyone had said being it is my own opinion. So why do you always have to be an asshat and never contribute anything positive/relevant to the forum?

I feel like he had no right to ask that question as a poor peasant.

On the other hand I feel like had he been respectful and taken it to pm it would have been acceptable to ask.

I hope that all readers from both sides of the fence feel a wet, warm-sensation engulfing their genitals from my post.

:dumb: it costs a lot. And there are not too many people that have the time, money, knowledge, love, or patients to race cars like this. Besides when you go to an NHRA events it's all about whos got more money anyways. I'm sure this one guy isn't going to be the last to ask because people want to klnow that kinda shit at the race track.
  • Upvote 1

Houses are easy, every county has an auditors website for the most part in 2 mins you know what they paid. I have asked a lot of people ballpark salaries and I find old school people have an issue telling you but people my age never do. I find almost everything in life comes down to approach.

Houses are easy, every county has an auditors website for the most part in 2 mins you know what they paid. I have asked a lot of people ballpark salaries and I find old school people have an issue telling you but people my age never do. I find almost everything in life comes down to approach.

I don't have a problem telling people how much I make. doesn't seem like a big deal like it would be for someone asking your ss number. But I think your right older people find it appalling that someone would ask what they make or what something cost.

I stated my opinion that I kind of see where he is coming from, but if I were him I would not have asked. Has nothing to do with anything anyone had said being it is my own opinion. So why do you always have to be an asshat and never contribute anything positive/relevant to the forum?

What is it that you contribute again? Other than be the guy that sucks everyone off.

Agreed,

I can't say I agree with bustin the guys balls about his income, but I am a firm believer in the fact that if some one wants me to know what they spent, they will tell me anyway, I won't ask unless its a close friend.